1. Enterprise users please consult your IT.
2. Re-creating the Acrobat preferences restores application settings to its default.
Restore the Acrobat Preferences folder (Windows)
Restore Acrobat Preferences folder to eliminate problems that damaged preferences cause. Most preference problems are caused by these file-based preferences, although most Acrobat preferences are stored in the registry.
• Quit Acrobat.
• In Windows Explorer, go to the Preferences folder:
o (Windows 10, 7/Vista) C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\[version]
o (XP) C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\[version]
• Move the Preferences folder to another location (for example, C:\Temp).
• Restart Acrobat.
Note: The AppData / Application Data folder is hidden by default: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files on how display them ]
If the problem recurs after you restore the Acrobat Preferences folder, then the problem isn’t related to the Preferences folder. To restore custom settings, drag the folder you moved in step 2 back to its original location. Then click “Yes to All” to replace the new Preferences folder.
Restore the Acrobat preferences files (Mac OS)
Restore the Acrobat preferences files to eliminate problems caused by a damaged preferences file.
If the problem recurs after you restore the Acrobat preferences files, then the problem isn’t related to preferences files. To restore custom settings, drag the files you moved in step 2 back to their original location. Then click OK to the alert “A newer item named ‘[filename]’ already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the older one you're moving?”
Thanks. No luck with that.
Maybe it was a Windows 7 issue.
I was looking for a fix for a similar issue. The top third of the page on my second monitor was being cut off basically on just adobe reader. I went into my graphics settings and noticed that for some reason I was at 59mhz instead of 60 on that monitor. I adjusted the setting to 60 and it fixed it.
Glad to hear that your issue got fixed. And thank you for sharing your experience.
We pay for your crappy products and should not have to be tech wizards to make it work. That is the job of you geniuses at Adobe. Why be respectful? You do not respect your customers. I'm paying monthly for a product I can't use, but documents come to me in PDF that I can't read any other way that I know of. I also have to be abe to edit them. I'm not 20 years old anymore and do not want to learn a new profession (IT tech.) So fix your damn program yourself. For 35 years I put out fires and rescued puppies when people called. I did not tell them to put out their own fires or to ask the "community" to do it. Because I was a professional.
You are so right. Thank you for expressing my feelings as well.
Whether using a free version or paid, we shouldn't have to fix their bugs !
Having to use 7 or 8 steps to utilize a tool the use to set on top is ridiculous.
Change for change sake is normal these days. That is why I seldom update unless the program stops and I am forced to.
I normally keep one compute offline all the time to prevent unwanted updates.
By following the "logic" that you apply to Adobe: if you were a real professional there should be no fire.
It's stupid reasoning.
By reading your post 'JR' you have single handedly lowered the potential of humanity and won the imbecile of the internet for today!
I concur; a class action is the key; too many are paying monthly subscription fees for Abobe to be allowed to get away with NOT fixing what is CLEARLY their ONGOING problems...20/20 or Nightline...heck even Judge Judy needs to be contacted ASAP!
Thanks. Worked like a charm.
I found no preferences folder, but simply deleted all files in the DC-folder under Acrobat in the path you describes
I guess this setting has been moved. It was working for me until something happened and settings weren't taking effect anymore. Deleting the temp folder files didn't help but I found and renamed this registry setting from DC to DC1 which did the trick for me.
You're the king! It works!
After a short time (two more openings) the error come again. But after i delete the DC-Part in the registry (instead of rename) it works.. hmm..
Wht worked; how to do pls..thx