• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF layer buttons don't work on mobile

Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've created an interactive pdf that activates/shows different layers when you press the different buttons. The content works fine on the computer but doesn't work on either Apple or Android devices. When touching the screen it simply brings out the normal phone menu, or zooms in when double-tapping.

Can somebody please let me know if it's possible to change this as everyone here uses Apple office phones (except me, I prefer Android) and sometimes they want to read this thing on their mobile device and I'd like to make it possible.

Cheers all.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

There are many interactive things that the mobile versions of Adobe Reader do not support, and this is one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zogle ,

Could you please post the screenshot of the function you are inquiring about ?

Thanks!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many interactive things that the mobile versions of Adobe Reader do not support, and this is one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses guys. I suspect this one from George may be the right answer as I wasn't sure if it was something that could be done or not. It would seem not.

In response to Adorobat: The function comes under the button menu when you say 'Mouse down' - Set Layer Visibility. I would therefore assume that using a phone, unless you have a mouse somehow plugged in, there's no way to make 'mouse down' with a touch of the screen. I guess I'd have to make it as some kind of webpage and not a pdf, but then I'd need to find a place to host it without access for outsiders so that's my next goal.

Cheers for the responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OCG, Optional Content Group, or layers is not supported by Adobe Mobile Reader for android or iOS.

JavaScript for Acrobat Reader Mobile API Reference (Android)

JavaScript for Acrobat Reader Mobile API Reference (iOS)

Many of the buttons on the navigation panel are front ends for JavaScript.

Mobile devices support the phone URI so it is possible to call a phone number in a link when the PDF form is opened on a mobile device. This is not available to the computer based products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the work around for layer show/hide on Mobile devices?

I am in the middle of a task where customer wants to see Interactive PDF with the layering option. The output should be visible on Mobile devices.

Anyone have any work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An app for the mobile device that supports OCG or layers. Probably does not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any alternate would anyone like to suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines