• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing a fillable PDF form with scrolling text fields

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to show all typed text typed into a scrolling text field when you print a fillable PDF form even if all of the text is not visible on screen (because it extends the text box)?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

The basic code is something like this:

this.getField("FieldName").textSize = 0;

You can add it under the document's WillPrint event, and then change it back in the DidPrint event.

Regarding my second suggestion: It doesn't have to be a separate file. It can be done using hidden pages that are spawned especially for this purpose and deleted after the file is printed. I've developed similar scripts for some clients in the past so if you're interested in hiring someone to develop it for you, you can c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the font size to Auto before printing it, or copy it to another location (where there's more place). Either solution will require using a script, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the script for "font size Auto?"

My boss is concerned that the type may print incredibly small if it is set to Auto though. This is an employee evaluation form and she says supervisors often have a lot to say

But I'll try it and run it past her.

Is your 2nd suggestion to simply include a 2nd document? If so, she's against that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic code is something like this:

this.getField("FieldName").textSize = 0;

You can add it under the document's WillPrint event, and then change it back in the DidPrint event.

Regarding my second suggestion: It doesn't have to be a separate file. It can be done using hidden pages that are spawned especially for this purpose and deleted after the file is printed. I've developed similar scripts for some clients in the past so if you're interested in hiring someone to develop it for you, you can contact me via try6767 at gmail.com to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the code.

The other option sounds intriguing, but I work for a state agency funded by tax payer dollars. I'll run the idea past my supervisor, but I doubt they will be able to outsource this.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I put that code?  I filled out a form pdf from the state of Wisconsin and when it chops off the text.  I have Acrobat DCI am pulling my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I put that code?  I filled out a form pdf from the state of Wisconsin and when printed it chops off the text.  I have Acrobat DCI am pulling my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want it changed just before the document is printed then under Tools - JavaScript - Set Document Actions - Will Print.

And then under the Did Print event add another code to change it back to its original font size, whatever that may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For some reason "auto" is not an option for font size in my drop down menu (undre Appearance). Do you know how to work around that so I can create a text box that will capture all text when printing (avoiding scrolling).

Thank you kindly,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the code that's marked as the correct answer for this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the code for the Did Print field?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yusufbashir711@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines