• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Saving error: "This file cannot be saved. This file is too big for the current operation."

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, new install Pro DC.

I open local file, make small change - click Save.  Error - cannot save - read only.

Open / close - problem goes away.  Definetely no read only in the file setting.

Constant problem.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Hello Svolman,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are getting an error message that the file cannot be saved as the file is too big for the current operation, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and try saving the PDF file as see if this makes any difference.

Are you saving the file to a local drive or to an external or a network drive?

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Svolman,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are getting an error message that the file cannot be saved as the file is too big for the current operation, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and try saving the PDF file as see if this makes any difference.

Are you saving the file to a local drive or to an external or a network drive?

Also, navigate toe Acrobat's preferences once, from Edit>Preferences>Documents>Uncheck "Save as optimizes for Fast web view", then try saving the file.

Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF files? Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Also, what is the dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a Mac or Windows machine?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! unchecking the save as optimisez for fast web view allowed me to finally save the document. not more wasted hours on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I already combined 2 parts of a book into one, the files are big 2.70GB and 3.79GB. The files have 43122 pages combined.

I´m using Adobe Acrobat Distiller 2017, when I try to save the file I get the message "The document could not be saved . This file is too big for the current operation."

I have tried to saving it to the local hard disc, a flash drive and network attached storage after a binder has been created but get "the message".
I already tried the below steps:
Edit>Preferences>Documents>Uncheck "Save as optimizes for Fast web view", then try saving the file. But get again "the message".

I"ll really appreciate you help.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines