• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the "copy with formatting" not work when I paste the text?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Acrobat Reader Pro Version and I can't copy and paste text keeping the formatting. The font and everything else changes. I do click on "copy with formatting" but it doesn't work when I paste it. This is really annoying. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro?

These are two different software.

Capture_165.png

Capture_163.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. There are many different ways to edit in Acrobat Pro. Please describe what tools you are using, and how you use them. It may take a few back-and-forths to focus on where it goes wrong, and find if there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this post and I am a different user than above. I have Adobe Acrobat X Pro (2011). I was wondering if I can edit a pdf text to make it bold. I can't find anything in this version to allow me to change the font or make a font bold. Can I do this with this version of X Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing about PDF which isn't obvious is that bold isn't a style, it's a different font. For example if the text is in Arial you could change it to Arial Bold. If you don't have a bold font (and this is two separate fonts) you can't do it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, I don't have any other fonts. In the section I am working on has text that has the bold font, but when I try to copy and paste, it becomes just the plan font. Is there a way to get a new font?  I created the work with word that had all kinds of fonts and then I made a pdf which contained the bold fonts. I deleted one section to make a change and I lost my bold font.  Can I make another page with word, change it to a pdf and replace the page with the new pdf page that has the bold font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat has an edit function - but frankly I'd recommend that you never, never use it unless you have lost the original file and have no choice. Word is a great editor, and with Acrobat you can make a new PDF in seconds - so you may as well keep editing in Word. Even if Acrobat was a great editor, I'd still stay stick with the original, because you can end up, otherwise, with two different documents out of step, and mistakes get made that way (at least by me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only reason I was trying to do this was that I have created a document combining many other documents and I needed to revise this section. So I guess I can delete the entire section and the revised section to the existing pdf document.  Just need to figure out how to insert in the proper place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines