• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer fill out pdf form

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe PDF Pack. My package ends in March 2019. Yesterday (Aug 22) I downloaded a pdf and began to fill out the form. I saved it so I could continue today. When I opened it today, I am no longer able to fill out the form. What happened? Worked fine yesterday. Today, I'm locked out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Hi Michaelc,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

There are couple of possibilities that after saving the form it isn't editable-

1- If you have added signature to the form and then saved it, then you can't edit it again. As adding the signature to the form is last step which makes it secure so that it would not be edited by anyone.

2- The person who created the form or own this form has to save this form as "Reader Extended PDF" so that the form can be re-edited after saving. This can only be done by

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelc,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

There are couple of possibilities that after saving the form it isn't editable-

1- If you have added signature to the form and then saved it, then you can't edit it again. As adding the signature to the form is last step which makes it secure so that it would not be edited by anyone.

2- The person who created the form or own this form has to save this form as "Reader Extended PDF" so that the form can be re-edited after saving. This can only be done by the owner of the form.

Or as a work around you need to re-download the form and start all over again.

For detailed description please read this- How to edit fields in PDF form after saving

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue - I mistakenly played with signing and locked my form that I have spent hours on.

I tried to create a new form and copy the form fields over but cannot do anything with them e.g. move or delete and the fields (clear form, Fax to NCR) do not work when I preview the form.

Is there any other way around this? Can I send my form to Adobe and get it fixed?

PDF error.JPG

RESOLVED:

I worked it out - the issue is all of the fields were locked and read only. Untick both of these and good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, where do you go to have the option to untick read only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven’t figured this out by now, it’s a bit buried. The solution is very simple though. Select "Prepare Form" from the tools on the right. You then will see all the fields on your form. Page by page, select all the forms on each page and then option or control click to get the flyout menu where you will see "Properties..." as the topmost option. Select "Properties" Under the "General" tab you will see an area that has "Common Properties" as a header. There is a small radio box in the upper right of the area "Read Only" make sure that this radio box is unchecked. Then select the next header to the right of "General" this is called "Appearance." On the lower left will be a radio box with the title "Locked" make sure this radio box is unchecked. Close the prepare form after doing this for all the fields on all pages (you can shift click to select all the fields on a given page) and you should now be able to enter information on your form once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked for me (and guided me out of my tantrum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I’ve been there. Glad to be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

respectfully, acrobat can f- off. it shouldnt be this assenine to fill in a document. most people don't fill in a document in a day and when they come back to a saved pdf only find not only is there stuff filled out wrong. they've screwed themselves because they can't edit it and have to start over. its bs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue - I mistakenly played with signing and locked my form that I have spent hours on.

I tried to create a new form and copy the form fields over but cannot do anything with them e.g. move or delete and the fields (clear form, Fax to NCR) do not work when I preview the form.

Is there any other way around this? Can I send my form to Adobe and get it fixed?

PDF error.JPG

RESOLVED:

I worked it out - the issue is all of the fields were locked and read only. Untick both of these and good to go.

By @Greg_Byrnes

good decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources