• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save PDF as JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand, in the past I could always save a PDF to a JPEG, but now I cannot. I bought the PDF pack from Adobe for $70 and can now convert things. I want to share this with the rest of the office (there are 6 of us) and although we all have our own computers we are all on one server. I cannot find out how I can do this or if I can do this and there is no phone numbers to call and it cannot be helped over chat and I very frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Hi kristenr33506,

You might be trying to export pdf in Acrobat Reader desktop application which doesn't have jpeg as a conversion option.

Here is the screenshot of the Export PDF option available in Reader DC :

This is the screenshot of the Export PDF option in Acrobat DC:

Try exporting PDF online using this link: https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  , click on down arrow next to (*docx) and check if Image (*.jpg, *.tiff .... is there).

Below is the screenshot:

Sorry for say but Adobe PDF Pack subscr

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this by doing the following inside Adobe Acrobat:
Edit / Preferences / Security (Enhanced) / UNCLICK "Enable Protected Mode
at Startup (Preview)"

I'm on a clean install on Windows 11 (before on Windows 10 I was not having
this issue). Now it seems to be able to save as JPEG without any problem.

[Removed by moderator]

End of message
--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. This solved the problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately didn't work for me, it just exports some of my embedded images and not the actual PDF pages. I'd understand if there was some incompatibility but this PDF was literally made with InDesign. Exporting as PNG to desktop was an easy enough workaround. Another day, another Adobe problem *facepalm*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, this fixed it for me too. Thank you!  

Adobe- Please fix your trash products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I all of a sudden had the same problem and followed what Alvaro said above and now the problem appears to be solved.

Bob R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue all of a sudden, too. A fellow called Álvaro has posted on the next page that you can go to Edit and then check the box to 'Turn off Protected Mode at Startup'. It worked for him and someone else, but I have no idea what this means and it sounds like a risky thing to do to a less-techy person like me! (I can find where to do it - but I want to understand what I'm doing and the potential implications before I take this step.)

But to my way of thinking - surely if I can save to PNG (which does seem to be working), I shouldn't have to suddenly tweak a setting like that to just to get it to export to JPEG? It sounds to me like Adobe's done some sort of upgrade recently which has 'broken' the JPEG export facility. I could be wrong ... but it just doesn't make sense that so many people suddenly can't export to JPEG and that we should all have to tweak a deep-seated option like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also just started occurring for me randomly. I've saved hundreds, if not thousands of PDFs as JPEGs. And yesterday it just randomly stopped working. Bizzare that I have to source a solution from a thread from 2017.

I cannot answer why it stopped working -- which is super annoying and a waste of time.
I found 2 workaround solutions.

1. Save a PNG. Then open and resave the PNG as a JPEG. (again, bizzare that other formats work just fine, but saving as JPEGs doesn't)
  2. Go here to convert -- https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/acrobat/pdf-to-image?x_api_client_id=adobe_com&x_api_client_location=... (again, irrational that Adobe would create a web tool to do what the full tool has always done before)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my Adobe Acrobat. I can't export a PDF file into JPEG. Tried both options > Export file as Image, & Save file as image. It went through, but there is no JPEG file generated. It's really frustrating. I also tried the link you provided https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf it exports, but in very low quality JPEG, even though I selected the maximum image quality option. Now I have to open my Photoshop just to export an edited PDF file into JPG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kristenr33506,

You might be trying to export pdf in Acrobat Reader desktop application which doesn't have jpeg as a conversion option.

Here is the screenshot of the Export PDF option available in Reader DC :

This is the screenshot of the Export PDF option in Acrobat DC:

Try exporting PDF online using this link: https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  , click on down arrow next to (*docx) and check if Image (*.jpg, *.tiff .... is there).

Below is the screenshot:

Sorry for say but Adobe PDF Pack subscription can't be shared with other members.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot use the export to image function either to jpg or png. It looks like it does it, but the file is never there. I have tried saving it in a different folder, but that does not work either. I have Windows 8.1 and I am using Adobe Acrobat DC. All other functions work, except the export to image. I can do export to Word, for example. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, which is why I'm here. Finally, I went back and tried, Save a copy! Yup! Then I was able to save it as a .jpg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cynthiagpix, are you using Acrobat Reader like everyone else here? This sounds like an issue with the latest Photoshop instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cynthiagpix,

Sorry for the trouble.

We see that you are subscribed to Creative Cloud All Apps. Could you please let us know the Adobe application you are using to save a file as JPEG?

Let us know what happens when you try to convert it to JPEG format.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are a school and this started on multiple machines on Friday 28 April 2023.  Many users.  Can save to desktop, not into work folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources