• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant convert word files to pdf (I have to grant permission)

New Here ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Before I could convert my word documents to pdf using the build in pdf converter tool in acrobat pro. Now when I try to convert a or multiple files I have to grant acces to a folder for every word document seperatly. Before this was never an issue. I am using mac and both adobe and word is up to date.

Could someone help me out by any chance?

kind regards

TOPICS
Create PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yannick35930160adbl,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know if permission is required for the particular folder or for every Word file you wish to convert to PDF via Acrobat.

Would you mind sharing the steps used here to create the PDF? It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording here or via private message. You may initiate a private message using the envelope icon at the top right corner of this community page.

Share the Acrobat, Word and Mac OS version number in use.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to grant acces to every single file. I checked if the folder I have to give persmission to is the same for the different word files but it is not. The way I convert the word documents is just by opening adobe, create, multiple files, create multiple pdf's and then I jsut slect my word files. 

the versions I use are:

Mac: 14.1.2 (23B92)

Word: 16.84 (24041420)

Adobe: 

Build: 24.2.20687.0

AGM: 7.1.4

CoolType: 9.1.0

JP2K: 4.0.2.54248

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing this issue so would love to find a solution to get it sorted! On my Macbook pro it works fine but my new Macbook Air M3 it's showing the 'grant permissions' window as you've shown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yannick35930160adbl,

Thank you for sharing the information.

Please confirm if you are using the work machine or personal. Try updating the the latest version released recently. Check if that resolves the issue.

If not, try converting the PDF using the Acrobat ribbon in the Word application. Check if you get the same permission message.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you are still having problems, maybe you can try this video: https://youtu.be/FftXcDJE8oU?si=1vOF6QEqLllFuhfa and add word as application. Worked for me. 

How to grant full disk access to any app in Mac? How to give full permission to any app in mac? How to give full access to app? How to give full permission to any app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah man, you absolute legend. I didn't even think of this, just added Word and Adobe to the list and it's worked! Thank you very much 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Glad to know that your issue is resolved with the information provided by Thomas Diaz. This information will help other users with similar issue. 

Let us know if we can be of any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was having the same exact issue and this resolved it completely! thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this same issue and this was the fix. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources