• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PDF to Excel on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, "Conversion Failure" msg

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid subscription to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and for the past few weeks I am unable to convert PDF documents to Excel.  I receive an error of "Conversion Failure" on any type of PDF file (scanned or an actual PDF).  The file I am trying to convert today is 138 KB.  I have tried restarting my computer, which didn't change the outcome.  I also tried going into Control Panel / Programs / Programs and Features / Adobe Acrobat Reader DC / Change / Repair.  This did not help either.  Can somebody help me out?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Hello CarriePS

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting Conversion Failure error while exporting a PDF file, Is that correct?

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service on your current Adobe ID.

Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a freeware software and there is no paid version of Adobe Reader DC.

I have checked your records with your current Adobe ID, and you are only subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service.

Try exporting the PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CarriePS

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting Conversion Failure error while exporting a PDF file, Is that correct?

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service on your current Adobe ID.

Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a freeware software and there is no paid version of Adobe Reader DC.

I have checked your records with your current Adobe ID, and you are only subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service.

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

For Adobe Reader DC, please sign out and sign back on with your current Adobe ID, and check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader, install the updates and reboot the machine. Try exporting the PDF file.

You can use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

For conversion failure error message, please refer to the following KB article File conversion error | ExportPDF

You may also refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anand Sri!

I tried exporting the PDF through the cloud.acrobat.com link and it worked perfectly.  I'm not sure why my Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop changed to the free version that wouldn't convert PDFs to Excel, but as long as I can continue using the cloud.acrobat.com link I will be good.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello CarriePS,

Make sure that you have not installed Acrobat Pro or Standard on the machine and using the Adobe ExportPDF service through it as you don't have any license/subscription to Acrobat Pro or Standard.

You are only subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service with your current Adobe ID, and you can use the service through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  or the freeware Adobe Reader DC only.

If you try to use the service with Acrobat Pro or Standard, you will get the  error message.

So, make sure you uninstall Acrobat Pro or Standard from the machine and keep Adobe Reader DC only.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources