• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete document cloud agreement

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just signed a pdf and I pressed save or something and it saved to my cloud documents.

It is showing up as an agreement (status: archived)

I want to delete it but cannot find any way to do so. Some searches I have done led me to clicking on e sign settings on document cloud and they say to type in the email address into the Privacy section.

However, when I do so it says

Sorry, we could not process your request. Please reload the page and try again. 
and "your search did not find any results" everytime

I recreated the situation by "fill and signing" a blank document and clicking on get shareable link but I do believe all I clicked was save the first time. Imaged attached. 
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

When you add the signature in the PDF using the Fill & Sign tool, you get an option to either save it as a read-only copy to request for signature.

On saving the PDF as a read-only copy, it uploads the file to Adobe Sign and creates a link to the file. The file gets saved in the Archived folder under the All agreements list.

You may delete it using the Privacy option under the account settings. In the "Enter email address search"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Hi Natevin,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

The document is saved on the Adobe Sign server, not on Document Cloud. When you click on the "Save as a read-only copy," it is mentioned there "Use Adobe Sign to save a read-only copy." 

Also, if you open the agreement via the Acrobat Online account, you will not find any delete option. You may only hide the agreement.

As the document is saved on the Adobe Sign server, it requires some particular steps. 

If you wish, you ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No help, anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mynameisl42643914 

I'm confused — what are you trying to delete? You said it's a PDF, but you appear to be looking at documentclould.adobe.com at signature preferences.

44D2DB7A-C735-49EC-A16B-98D9F243AA1A.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the reply

I would like to delete these pdfs that show up under agreements in document cloud. Images attached.
They ended up there after I used the fill and sign tool.

document cloud agreements.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I bump this topic, make a new one, or contact adobe through some other means? I just wanted to put my own signature on a form I downloaded and save it onto my pc. How can I delete this pdf from document cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mynameisl42643914 

Thank you for posting back. (This does bump it.) Typically another volunteer will jump in.

I don't use the web interface, but here is a screen shot from Adobe Acrobat Reader on my iPad. To delete a file, I navigate to the location [Document Cloud] > then the file [here the PDF for the Acrobat CIB] > then the ... ellipses > then Delete.

Does it work for you to click the ellipses and Delete?

23702EFB-6BB0-4AC0-887F-48477A75BBA5.jpeg

If it does not work, and if no one else jumps in, Contact Adobe Customer Care. See details here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703

Let us know,

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,
Thanks for replying.
Yes, I can delete a normal document using that method but I have used the fill and sign tool and pressed save read-only copy in the desktop app. It gets saved under (archived) agreements instead of documents on the document cloud.

I talked to adobe support and we could only manage to hide the documents. They would be hidden from my account I guess in case it gets hacked, but continue to be on adobe's servers which is where I wanted to remove them from. Well thanks anyways everyone. Maybe I will try again in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mynameisl42643914 

If it can be hidden from your account but still reside on Adobe's server's then that is something I can't answer! I'll reach out by email to Adobe Staff and see if he or someone on his team can give you a definitive answer.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Thanks for all the help. MeenakshiNegi suggested doing the solution I had posted in my original question in a different browser and that worked (Originally was trying in chrome but it finally worked in firefox). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

When you add the signature in the PDF using the Fill & Sign tool, you get an option to either save it as a read-only copy to request for signature.

On saving the PDF as a read-only copy, it uploads the file to Adobe Sign and creates a link to the file. The file gets saved in the Archived folder under the All agreements list.

You may delete it using the Privacy option under the account settings. In the "Enter email address search" box, please add the same email address that you have used to sign in to the application when filling the form. It will show all the documents in the list below. 

As you receive the error, please ensure that you add the correct email address. Also, try using a different browser or new incognito window in the Chrome browser.

Let us know if you still receive the error.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meenakshi, I was finally able to delete it using firefox instead of chrome.

For future reference agreements can be deleted by:

Using chrome icognito tab or a different browser
go to document cloud > click on your avatar on top right corner  (blue circle by default I believe) > Settings > Under E-Signing settings press edit settings > Privacy > Enter your account email address if you saved as read only copy/got shareable link or the email you entered when selecting the send to recipient option > Delete icon on the right sight of the agreements that come up.

One more thing to look out for is, originally I did not have an e-signing settings category appear when I clicked on my avatar as the document cloud link was https://documentcloud.adobe.com instead of https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/

Everything else was the same but I could not access that privacy page but now I am always redirected to the correct page, I don't know what was going on before.

Thanks for all the help everyone, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and the tech support I talked to originally was also very helpful and he did suggest incognito tab if you are having errors in document cloud. But we didn't try for this particular issue. Thanks again everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same need. I cannot find where you are talking about

" under the account settings. In the "Enter email address search" box"

in any of the interfaces I've navigated to.

Can you provide screenshots of where to click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response.

If you wish to delete the Archived document, please use the steps as suggested below: 

1. Open the following link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/.

2. Sign in with your Adobe ID and password that you use for the desktop application.

3. Then click on your profile icon at the top right corner of the window and select Settings.

MeenakshiNegi_0-1641554806135.png

4. Go to E-signing settings and click on Edit settings.

MeenakshiNegi_4-1641554924534.png

5. Then go to Privacy Tab and type in your email address in the box given. It will open all the files liked with that email address. 

MeenakshiNegi_1-1641554838119.png

6. Select the file from the list and click on the Trash icon provided at extreme right.

MeenakshiNegi_3-1641554862083.png

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the screenshots, it helped a lot in my case.

But doesn't this seem incredibly unintuitive?  I mean, a delete button is just a delete button.

And signed documents often have personal information on them.  It made me really uncomfortable that it was automatically uploaded to the cloud without prompting or being clear to me - private or not.  I was able to understand what was happening, but my parents (or most people) wouldn't even know their personal information was stored on some adobe database somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natevin,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

The document is saved on the Adobe Sign server, not on Document Cloud. When you click on the "Save as a read-only copy," it is mentioned there "Use Adobe Sign to save a read-only copy." 

Also, if you open the agreement via the Acrobat Online account, you will not find any delete option. You may only hide the agreement.

As the document is saved on the Adobe Sign server, it requires some particular steps. 

If you wish, you may share your suggestion with the team via the following form: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god. this just saved my me. I was so freaking out as the document i signed had very personal info for applicaiton and credit card info. I am supper tech savy and have used signing pdf's all the time at work. but this is the first time i have done it at home wiht my home computer and logged into adobe. This should never be this difficult to delete a document that we upload or create and Adobe needs to be more transparent on how one can be able to delete files. Let alone who knows it saves it to the cloud. 

Either way glad i found this help tip and cleared my info. I will be sure to logged out of adobe from now on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, this worked, clicked the tiny trashcan on the right of each agreement and it appeared to delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was great. Thank you for the screen shots - very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I click on my profile icon and go to the Settings>>E-signing Edit Settings, there isn't any Privacy tab.  I only have Personal Preferences and Acrobat Sign API...anyone know why I don't have the Privacy tab?

Bethany26323375y4xt_1-1664324905098.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bethany26323375y4xt,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind confirming the email address used for the Acrobat sign with us in a private message?

You may initiate a private message using the envelope icon in the top right-hand corner.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as Bethany. There is no "Privacy" tab when I follow these steps. I have access to the admin console with my account as well. Can you please assist? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daniel3332592433zj,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please share the screenshot of the options that are available to you? Do you use the same email address for the Acrobat Sign that is used to sign in here in the community? 

Let us know the Acrobat Sign plan or subscription you are using. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources