• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enlarging and cutting off files scanned.

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I scan Items it seems to enlarge and cut off some of the documents. When I open the PDF files, the documents seem to enlarge themselves and cut off on the outter edges, making it not possible for me to see the entire scanned document. Any suggestions? Its not the scanner, as my previews are fine, It is only when I open them as PDF files that I notice the issue. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alison,

From the explanation given above, its not clearly explained that whether you are referring to the Adobe Scan app on mobile or is that a scan feature of the Adobe Reader DC application?

Adobe Scan mobile app automatically adjust the screen or capture area, if the auto capture is on.

For desktop application Adobe Acrobat  you may see- Scan documents to PDF, Adobe Acrobat

For better understanding help us with the workflow that you follow.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a program that I use to scan my files called Neatdesk. The files all show up to be not enlarged or cut off when the neat desk preview shows them after they have been scanned. I have the files being sent to a shared folder and then opened in adobe. When i open these files in PDF form, this is when the documents are being enlarged and cut off. I need to state that this does not happen with every file being opened in PDF form, but only some documents. Some of the documents are fine and not cut off or enlarged, it only seems to happen with random documents. I have changed scanners numerous times, and i still end up with the same result when opening the files in PDF through Adobe.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong would be great!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alison,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

As application used to scan the document is not Adobe's application neither the pdf producer. So we aren't quite sure what exactly causing problem.

As the scenario differs on different pdf files, so it would be more helpful  for us to check the pdfs  at our end.

If possible, would you please send the actual scanned file and problematic pdf document to us?

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources