Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message when uploading PDF to Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm unable to upload a PDF to Adobe's Creative Cloud, which our company uses for documentation reviews. When I use the upload button in Acrobat Reader, I see "Saving to Adobe's cloud storage 0%" briefly, followed by the error "An error occurred while trying to access the service." If I try to upload the PDF to Creative Cloud (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents), the following error message comes up immediately: "1 file(s) could not be uploaded. Filetype not supported." (And I would hope PDF is a supported format!)

I am able to upload other PDFs, so I suspect this might be a file issue. However, the error messages don't give me much information on how I might resolve the issue. Any ideas?

(I'm happy to send the file via email to any Adobe support personnel, but it contains proprietary information, so I will not upload it to the forum directly.)

Things I have tried:

• Acrobat is fully updated to the latest version.
  • I have logged out and logged back in, and I have restarted my computer. Nothing changed.
  • In Acrobat, under Preferences > Security (Enhanced), Protected View is off, and Run in AppContainer is unchecked.
  • In the same menu, toggling Enable Enhanced Security on and off does not affect anything.
  • The PDF was created using MadCap Flare. I am able to build and upload other PDFs to Creative Cloud using the same MadCap settings. 
  • The filename was originally similar to "12-34567-XX_PRODUCT_Topic_ABC_DRAFT_01.pdf." I changed this to "DRAFT.pdf" and still could not upload the file.
  • Acrobat opens the file just fine, so I doubt it's a corruption issue. I have rebuilt the PDF multiple times and continue to receive the same error when trying to upload it.

Thanks in advance,

—Matt

TOPICS
Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

In case anyone has the same problem, my team helped me find the cause of the upload errors. In MadCap Flare, I had the "Generate tagged document for PDF/UA" option checked in my target (under PDF Options). Unchecking the option results in PDFs that I can upload to Creative Cloud.

The error message I was seeing ("An error occurred while trying to access the service") was far too vague and made me think there was an access issue happening, versus a file issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt30922025wbr7,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know if the issue occurs while uploading a particular file. Are you uploading file which are saved locally on the machine?

Share the screenshot or the screen recording of what happens.

Ensure that you have enough storage available on the Cloud to save the file.

If the issue with specific file, would you mind sahring it with us?

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Yes, I am uploading a file saved locally on my machine. I am using 39.1 MB out of my total 5 GB cloud storage, so I should have plenty of space (the file is 3.6 MB). I can upload other PDFs just fine, so this is likely a file-specific issue.

Steps to reproduce (with screenshots, zoomed in to hide proprietary information):

1. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader. Open the file. The file loads as expected.
  2. Click the cloud button in the upper right. A brief "Saving to Adobe cloud 0%" message displays in the lower right, which turns into the error message "An error occurred while trying to access the service."
     An_error_occurred.png
  3. Close the error message, then click the Cloud button. One of two things tends to happen.
    a) If a message pops up stating the file is up to date in Adobe cloud storage, click the Link button, then click "Get link" to copy the direct link to the clipboard. The message "Link copied" appears. A few seconds later, the error "Unable to share file" appears.
    Up_to_date.png
    Open a web browser, then paste the link and press ENTER. The error message "Shared file not available" appears.
    Shared_file_not_available.png
    b) Clicking the Cloud button can also result in a "Document sharing failed" message.
    document_sharing_failed.png
    Click Menu > Save As and enter a new filename. Open the new file and press the Cloud icon. The same behavior occurs.
  4. Log into Creative Cloud and navigate to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents. Click Upload, then select the file from the local drive location. The error message "1 file(s) could not be uploaded. Filetype not supported." appears.
    could_not_be_uploaded.png

Could you provide an email address for me to send the file? I do not want to upload to the forum because the file contains proprietary information, and I am unable to access other cloud services due to my organization's firewall settings.

Thanks,

—Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to upload a local copy of pdf to Creative cloud but failed.

ChuangFok33100042uoxa_0-1698043002143.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone has the same problem, my team helped me find the cause of the upload errors. In MadCap Flare, I had the "Generate tagged document for PDF/UA" option checked in my target (under PDF Options). Unchecking the option results in PDFs that I can upload to Creative Cloud.

The error message I was seeing ("An error occurred while trying to access the service") was far too vague and made me think there was an access issue happening, versus a file issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, albeit not with using MadCap flare.  A little disconcerting to get an error message saying I can't upload a PDF to an Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tutto ok non inviare più mail tanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is MadCap Flare?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madcap Flare is an advanced topic-based authoring and publishing tool. You can read more about this tool at the following link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note: I don't know anything about MadCap Flare, other than what's posted on their website https://www.linkedin.com/company/techwritersblog/people/ and https://techwritersblog.com/madcap-flare-category/madcap-flare-tutorial-for-beginners-how-to-use-mad... 

It appears to be software that creates an XML-driven CMS (content management system) for those who create tutorial, training, and other instructional content that can be cross-published in both print and digital formats. PDF is one of those formats.

... In MadCap Flare, I had the "Generate tagged document for PDF/UA" option checked in my target (under PDF Options). Unchecking the option results in PDFs that I can upload to Creative Cloud.

By @Matt30922025wbr7

I suspect that MadCap Flare's PDF converter might not follow the PDF and PDF/UA standards well enough and created a file that was not fully compatible with the PDF/UA standard. See PDF standard ISO 32000 and PDF/UA standard ISO 14289

Looks like an interesting program for publishers, but it also looks like the software might need to be revised for creating PDF/UA compliant PDFs.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources