• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error trying to Merge Documents "Could not organize"

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to merge 14 small-ish pdf's together and I keep getting the same message. "Could not organize." I tried merging only 5 together, 4 together, etc and I still get the same message. It is so frustrating!! What does this message mean? How can I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen that one before. Can you post a couple of the PDFs for us to try to merge? Maybe it's something about your install of Acrobat that is damaged, that could be fixed with Help -> Repair Installation. Or, maybe it's something wrong with the PDFs that can be fixed by producing them differently, or applying some kind of fix to the unmerged separate files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

I'm using the web version for trying to merge. Most of the individual PDF's were created using the PDF merge tool so that also makes it super frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so you don't have the desktop app installed? If you don't, but you do have a subscription that would allow you to do so, that's what I'd suggest, clicking that "Download desktop app" link. 

This particular forum is meant to support the desktop app. The folks over at the Adobe Acrobat Online forum might have a better idea how to help you out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you combine the files in Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I tried for hours yesterday and did not succeed. So I have been trying today to combine 2 files and it keeps giving me this message of  "could not organize". It is very frustrating especially if some deadlines are to be met. What can I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please confirm if you combine files in the Acrobat desktop application or via the Acrobat Online account? If you are using the desktop application, share the Acrobat and OS versions on the machine.

Share the steps you do to combine the PDFs.

Did you check if the issue occurs when combining a file from a particular location?

Try to create sample PDFs and combine them. Check if you get same error.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Could you please let us know what exactly not working for you?

What happens when you try to combine the PDFs? Share the error message if you receive any.

Are you using a desktop application or the Acrobat Online account?

Please share more details about the issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rostar,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please share more details about the issue.

Check if the error appears when you try to combine specific files or files from any particular location.

Try combining some locally saved files created by you. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue with the same issue. I was combing documents just fine then all of the sudden I kept getting this error for all my pdfs in the online version of merge. Even when I try to combine just two it gives me the "could not organize" error after it gets about halfway through the combining process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CarmsG,

Please create some sample PDFs and save them locally. Try combining them.

Also, check if you can combine them with the desktop application without any issues.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem with the "could not organize" error.  I finally got my documents to combine after editing the original Publisher file. I discovered that I had a text box off the edge of the document in the grey space. Once I removed the text box and resaved the document as a pdf and then combined the files everything worked correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had same problem.  Must have had one or more files incompatible.  Printed individual files to pdf to create new set of pdfs, then combined OK.  Frustrating, but done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barrak,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

Please let us know if this happens with a particular group of files. Or with any file type you try to combine.

This generally happens when there are issues with one of the files you combine. 

It would be helpful if you could share more details.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solutions
Non-password-protected documents
During times of peak usage, it could take up to two hours to populate the Page Count column for a newly added PDF document. Follow these steps to force the page count to be populated immediately for any PDF file.

In GoFileRoom, Search for the PDF.
In the search results list, mark the checkbox for the applicable PDF. Right-click the document and choose Edit (if you're using the Document Explorer) or Edit Document (if you're using the classic search features).
After the PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat, choose Tools > Save back to GoFileRoom. You should now be able to successfully merge the document.
Password-protected documents
You cannot merge password-protected files in GoFileRoom. If you need to merge a password-protected file, you need to first remove the password protection for the file in Adobe Acrobat. Then you can force the page count to be populated using the same procedure as that for non-password-protected files, above.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is what worked for me for same error. i opened the orignal pdf...selected 'Print' option saved it again as a "PDF" and different file name maybe suffix it to P. Now it saved the file with larger size. did same for rest of the 6 files and then used them to merge. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, same solution worked for the same issue. Appreciate your comment, helped me meet a deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup this is the one. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this solved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick34385846o7od,

Thank you for reaching out. 

Glad to know the workaround resolved the issue.

Would you mind sharing more information about the issue you were experiencing when combining the files? Do you experience this behavior often?

If you can share more information about the issue, it will help us to investigate it further.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some information that might help.

The Problem:

When trying to combine documents, for example "2024 W4" or "2024 DE4", (both documents mentioned are searchable in google).

Both of those files fail to combine.. The workaround essentially removes the fillable fields, which I imagine is what's choking the software.

I've ONLY tried combining files on the web portal.

I've tried both dragging the files and selecting them from the desktop--neither method made a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick34385846o7od,

Thank you for sharing the information. Would you mind sharing the sample PDF that you were trying to combine. We will get this behavior checked.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources