• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I recover a pdf file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a PDF file on the 11th of may.

Now I wanted to print it but the content has changed and an important part disappeared.

Is there a way to recover that document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Again, PDF files don't change on their own, unless a script or something like DRM technology was used to do so.

If they sent you the file by email then you can always go back to the original email and download the original file.

If you want to make sure it is not changed by a script when you open it you can disable JavaScript in Acrobat/Reader before opening it by going to Edit (or the application menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - JavaScript and tick off the box next to "Enable Acrobat Java

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what way did it change? What does it say? PDF files don't normally change on their own...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this Forum business, so I don't know if you got my last comment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously my message before wasn't sent. So I will put it again. I received a voucher from a travel company with the name of the hotel where I was supposed to be picked up. They never picked me up so I complained and now I want to print the voucher they sent me originally, but now it has changed and the name of the hotel doesn't appear any more???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, PDF files don't change on their own, unless a script or something like DRM technology was used to do so.

If they sent you the file by email then you can always go back to the original email and download the original file.

If you want to make sure it is not changed by a script when you open it you can disable JavaScript in Acrobat/Reader before opening it by going to Edit (or the application menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - JavaScript and tick off the box next to "Enable Acrobat JavaScript", and then open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was an online file, so I think they changed it after my complaint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you downloaded it then that wouldn't matter, though, as your downloaded copy should have stayed the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem. I didn't download it, just opened it and looked at it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you opened it then you also downloaded it. It might still be saved as temporary file on your computer, but finding it won't be easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes I just checked an old laptop and all pdfs disappeared! 
    but I have seen pdf reverting themselves and disappearing now or convert into a totally different file. No only that, but also adding gigantic expenses each month on your bank statement. And if you question what the hell you are seeing, good luck recovering your data. Years wasted, at least what should be done is a tutorial or heads up. 

2. And then blame it on supply chain attack, some exquisite hackers, or the black hole. 
  3. and being sent a proof of payment? Well guess it went somewhere else besides the correct account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ррррр

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello, I edited the book in pdf. I can not open it. Writes that it is damaged. I have 300 comments in the book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources