• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the highlight color of my PDF file?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PDF files, I'm able to highlight text, but cannot figure out how to change the color of the highlight.  I've got Adobe Reader, and also paid to upgrade - but honestly, I'm not sure which program I have.  This is the most confusing application I've ever used!

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Hi vickis,

You might need to go to Comment pane and right click on 'Highlight text' annotation and choose 'Tool default properties'.

Highlighter Tool Properties dialog box will open from where you can change the color of highlight.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vickis,

You might need to go to Comment pane and right click on 'Highlight text' annotation and choose 'Tool default properties'.

Highlighter Tool Properties dialog box will open from where you can change the color of highlight.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Anubha!  I have a Mac, so no "right click", but "control click" did the trick!!  Thank you so much!!  Can you also tell me how to change the existing highlighted text to the new color?  There are over 100 pages of highlighted areas, and the color I used originally, is just too dark.  Is there a way to select only the existing highlights, and change the color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

You are most welcome

Yes, you can change existing highlight color also.

For this, go to 'Comment List' on the right hand side and select any one comment.

Now, press 'cmd+A' to select all the comments in the list and then 'control click' to choose 'Properties' from the pop down.

Choose highlight color as desired from 'Highlight Properties' dialog box.

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Command + A isn't working for selecting all highlighted items.  I've tried the Control, Shift, and Option buttons + A also, and none of them select more than the one comment I clicked on.  Any other ideas?

Thank You,

Vicki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vicki,

You must be able to select all the comments by selecting any comment and then pressing 'Control+A' 

Aren't you?

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work - I think I've tried all the combinations.  When I click on one of the items in the comment pane, it selects only the one I've clicked on.  Control+A nor Command+A select the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vicki,

Can you please try the same with some other PDF?

Are you still not able to select all comments under the 'Comment list' section by pressing Control+A?

Please check.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Command+A, it selects everything - including the unhighlighted text.  When I click on a comment, it selects that highlighted text, if I then click Command+A, it still only selects that one highlighted text.  The same goes for Control+A. 

I tried a different document, and got the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DC.  Where is the "Comment Pane?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.  I wish someone would answer.  I am a former software engineer, and I can't believe it can take more than an hour to change the default color for highlighting.  Not intuitive at all.  Is this the kind of support that comes with monthly subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Christopher26452830k1qz,

Thank you for reaching out.

You may change the highlight color using the color option provided under the Comment Tool.

To change the color and make it default, you may select a color from the color panel and then select the settings by clicking on the gear icon.

MeenakshiNegi_1-1667265580230.png

In the Highlight Properties window, ensure that the color selected is as per your requirement and mark the box for "Make Properties Default". Click on the OK button to save the changes.

MeenakshiNegi_0-1667265478712.png

For more information on adding comments in the PDf, please refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/commenting-pdfs.html.

Hope the information helps 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources