• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I embed the font in a PDF? [2015]

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This thread from 2015 is now locked, as things have changed. Please start a new thread for current versions of Acrobat.]

How do I embed font in a PDF using Adobe DC?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Hi Coleman,

Kindly follow the below instructions to embed any missing fonts in a PDF in Acrobat PRO DC:-

1) Go to Tools > Print Production > Preflight.

2) Go to PDF fix ups > Embed missing fonts > Select "Analyze and fix".

PFB screenshot for reference :-

Preflight.PNG

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

As of today (August 2022) and Acrobat DC Pro version 2022, the process has changed somewhat from what was previously posted above in 2015. The utilities and their location have changed since then, as well as some of the labels.

Here are the updated instructions:

1. From the right side panel (or the Tools menu in the upper left), open the Standards Tool.
  2. Select Preflight.
    Launch Preflight Panel in Acrobat DC Pro.Launch Preflight Panel in Acrobat DC Pro.
  3. Select PDF Standards from the top drop-down menu.
  4. Select the little blue wrench at

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Coleman,

Kindly follow the below instructions to embed any missing fonts in a PDF in Acrobat PRO DC:-

1) Go to Tools > Print Production > Preflight.

2) Go to PDF fix ups > Embed missing fonts > Select "Analyze and fix".

PFB screenshot for reference :-

Preflight.PNG

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When combining files, the resulting document shows boxes instead of text.  I do this often without issue but for some reason, this issue occurs randomly.  In trying to find a solution, I ran across the suggestion that fonts may not be embedded which really doesn't make sense because the documents I'm combining are the same kind of documents I always combine (pages of a PO).

I have the same issue and  can't find "Embed missing fonts".  I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20155.  I also don't see and "Acrobat Pro DC" anywhere in a dropdown box.

Any help is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am under PDf fix ups and embed fonts is not an Option.  I have Pro DC as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a 5 year old discussion and the app has changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First select "Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles" from the top dropdown and you should then see it under PDF fix ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer evidently is not valied in 2022 anymore - a new solution is needed. Please remove oboslete solutions to existing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is not valid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not correct to say that the solution above is no longer valid, but if "embed missing fonts" is unavailable in the most current version of Acrobat it would be helpful to know if it has been removed altogether or moved to another location. I've looked but if "embed missing fonts" is still available I cannot find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of today (August 2022) and Acrobat DC Pro version 2022, the process has changed somewhat from what was previously posted above in 2015. The utilities and their location have changed since then, as well as some of the labels.

Here are the updated instructions:

1. From the right side panel (or the Tools menu in the upper left), open the Standards Tool.
  2. Select Preflight.
    Launch Preflight Panel in Acrobat DC Pro.Launch Preflight Panel in Acrobat DC Pro.
  3. Select PDF Standards from the top drop-down menu.
  4. Select the little blue wrench at the top of the dialogue box.
  5. Select Embed fonts (even if text is invisible).
  6. And finally, select the Fix blue wrench at the lower right to execute the process.

Embed fonts in Acrobat DC Pro.Embed fonts in Acrobat DC Pro.

Requirements:

• Of course, this process requires that you have the necessary fonts installed on your computer, so make sure you first, check the PDF's list of fonts in File / Properties / Fonts tab. Check your operating system's font folder to ensure those specific fonts are installed on your computer.

• The fonts must be licensed to be embedded in PDFs. Most of those that come with your operating system and Microsoft Office are embeddable, but fonts from other font houses require that you purchase an additional license to embed them into PDF files. (That's another change since 2015.)

• And you must be using the Acrobat DC Pro version of Acrobat, not the Standard or Reader versions.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources