• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I password protect a pdf document

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I password protect a pdf document/file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Hi Colette Coughlan ,

As per the description above, you want to protect a PDF file using password, Is that correct?

To secure a PDF with password, you may refer to the following KB docs: Securing PDFS with passwords, Adobe Acrobat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html

You may also refer to PDF passwords, protected PDFs, file permissions | Adobe Acrobat DC  Link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/acrobat/how-to/pdf-file-password-permissions.html

This can be achieved b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colette Coughlan ,

As per the description above, you want to protect a PDF file using password, Is that correct?

To secure a PDF with password, you may refer to the following KB docs: Securing PDFS with passwords, Adobe Acrobat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html

You may also refer to PDF passwords, protected PDFs, file permissions | Adobe Acrobat DC  Link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/acrobat/how-to/pdf-file-password-permissions.html

This can be achieved by Acrobat Pro DC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anand

Would the Acrobat Standard DC allow to password protect pdf documents or will only the PRO do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colette Coughlan,

Both the Acrobat Standard and Professional has the feature to password protect PDf documents. For pricing, you may refer to Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC  Link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/acrobat/pricing.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnandSri

I have the same problem.

Purchased the DC standard.

When i want to create password, I opened TOOLS --> PROTECT but it has an "ADD" button and wont allow me to set up password and kept referring me to upgrade.

I have checked my current plan and it does come with password protected feature. Could you please help and what have I had to do to retrieve this password protected feature please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phyllis_ellyss,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, please identify the version of Acrobat DC Standard installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

The password protect feature is available in Acrobat Standard DC, check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

Make sure you are logged in with your current Adobe ID and password in Acrobat Standard DC.

If possible, please share a screenshot of the error you are getting, to share the screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Let us know how it goes, and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnandSri

Many thanks for your reply.

I have attached some screenshots for your attention. Version number is as below

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Then I went on and checked for updates as below

Capture2.PNG

Then went on and have a look at "PROTECT" and see if the feature is available

But it still has the "ADD" button under "PROTECT"

Capture3.PNG

If i click the drop down manual button, it has "ADD" and "LEARN MORE", either will ask me to purchase the plan which I have already.

Also I have checked my program list to ensure there is only one copy of Acrobat Reader as kindly suggested by Test Screen Name below

Capture4.PNG

Could you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using Reader. You need to download and install Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, be sure you are not still running Acrobat Reader. Acrobat Standard isn't an add-on plan, it's an entirely new app to download and install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, “be sure you are NOT still running Acrobat Reader.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see,  I am with you now. OK, let me try to download Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, it works now! Thank you so much and I feel so dumb without knowing the difference between Reader and Standard.

Many thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s very confusing because some products DO as add ins for Reader. There have been many caught the same way. I wish the messages were clearer In Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an Acrobat Reader DC, I tried to add the PROTECT feature but I was told product isn't available in my country, please how can I get the available for my country?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to purchase/subscribe to Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader) to

be able to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an Acrobat Reader DC, I tried to add the PROTECT feature but I was told product isn't available in my country, please how can I get the  one available for my country?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not available in some countries. What is your country?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources