• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fill in forms when using Document Cloud SharePoint integration

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have linked our Sharepoint site to Adobe Document Cloud, so now the default 'open' Action for PDFs stored in SharePoint is to open them in the browser enviroment hosted at https://documentcloud.adobe.com/spodintegration/

This environment does not allow you to fill/interact with PDF forms. How can we enable this, except to have users download the files and open them in the desktop Acrobat application?

There is no mention of this fairly basic Acrobat feature in the online documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/document-cloud/help/office365-using-sharepoint-onedrive.html

The Fill and Sign feature does not allow you to access cloud storage like OneDrive and SharePoint. https://helpx.adobe.com/au/document-cloud/help/fill-and-sign.html

TOPICS
Fill and sign , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue.  I'm afraid this is yet another Adobe "gotcha"moment, which can be added to the long list of Adobe "gotcha" moments I've encountered.  In other words, Adobe Document Cloud for Office 365 integration is working just fine, but Adobe has purposely "carved back" the "Fill and Sign" and "Send forSignature" features, which is ridiculous, but not surprising.  IMO, like most Adobe quirks, it boiles down to them wanting to nickle and dime their customers.  These types of things make it crystal clear to me why Adobe has more/less gone to a subscription based model for most of their product lines becuase subscription based model allows Adobe to have complete control over their products and the tools and features within their products whereas if we as customers had the ability to actually own the software, we could potentially have more freedom and flexibility to implement workarounds to these problems, but no such capabilities under subscription model.  

As I've stated many times - Adobe is unfortunately the most complete and feature rich PDF vendor in the marketplace and they know this, which gives them the confidence to bully their customers because there's no other PDF solution out there to keep Adobe honest and make Adobe think that customers might jump ship.  

I will say, this "gotcha" takes the cake for me.  Usually my frustruation centers around how confusing thier product lines can be to understand from the users perspective.  This is just straight up Adobe deciding to literally take away and steal the tools you're paying for because as MikeWWOz has accurately pointed out, it's not as if the subscription doesn't come with "fill and sign" and "send for signature".  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources