• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

msg "Wrong type parameter supplied to a PDS procedure" pop-up when making "Accessibility-Full Check"

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I opened a PDF in "Adobe Acrobat X", and then perform the "Full Check" in the "Accessibility" tool.

A pop-up window is shown and keep all default setting, and then I click the "Start Checking" button.

After that, the "Adobe Acrobat X" pop up the Warning message Windows with the message "Wrong type parameter supplied to a PDS procedure".

The PDF file was made by the "Adobe LiveCycle Designer".

However, this warning message is not appeared when I use "Adobe Acrobat XI".

Do you know the reason and any solution to resolve it?

Thanks!!

Regards,

George Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

HI George,

This error message usually comes up when the XML structure is no longer valid, i.e. it has been edited manually. So when you run the accessibility check on the document using Acrobat the XML stucture gets invalid.

Solution

Open and save the form in Designer, then it will correct any problems in the XML source, and work fine in PDF Preview.

Let me know if you have any other question

Regards,

~Pranav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI George,

This error message usually comes up when the XML structure is no longer valid, i.e. it has been edited manually. So when you run the accessibility check on the document using Acrobat the XML stucture gets invalid.

Solution

Open and save the form in Designer, then it will correct any problems in the XML source, and work fine in PDF Preview.

Let me know if you have any other question

Regards,

~Pranav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Parnav,

I got the solution from adobe web site before. But the PDF was not include "xml".

Do you suggest how to verify it in Designer or Acrobat Pro. and how to remove it if any xml included?

Thanks!!

Regards,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

If the PDF is created via LC Designer as you mentioned above then it contains XML. LC designer creates the PDF with XFA architecure(XML Form acrchitecture)

You cannot remove the XML until you reprint the form using Adobe PDF printer in Acrobat however then form would lose the interactivity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

~Pranav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not IT professional

But for my work purpose I created PDF Form

And latter on when i was editing the PDF file (extract the page) I was facing the same error like"wrong type parameter supplied to a PDS "

Pls help me to resolve this pop up

I M not been able to understand Above solutions of pranav

Regards

MARUF 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

F U C K   ADOBE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources