Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF'S WILL NOT COMBINE

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ERROR 400 WHEN I TRY TO COMBINE FILES.

WHAT CAN I DO?  THIS HAS BEEN NO PROBLEM IN THE PAST AND I AM ABLE TO OPEN UP ALL FILES INDIVIDUALLY, SO THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH PDF'S.

IS THIS THE ONLY WAY TO GET HELP FROM ADOBE?  I PAY FOR THIS SERVICE AND IT SEEMS STRANGE TO NOT HAVE A DIRECT SUPPORT CONTACT.

THANKS,

ADAM

TOPICS
Combine files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Hi Adam,

As per the description above, you are not able to combine two PDF files as getting an error 400, Is that correct?

Please try to combine the PDF files with the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/combinepdf  on a different browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari, and see if this brings any difference.

If you are using the free desktop version of Adobe Reader, then sign out and sign back in with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader, and check for any pending updates of Adobe Read

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

As per the description above, you are not able to combine two PDF files as getting an error 400, Is that correct?

Please try to combine the PDF files with the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/combinepdf  on a different browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari, and see if this brings any difference.

If you are using the free desktop version of Adobe Reader, then sign out and sign back in with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader, and check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from Help>Check for updates. https://cloud.acrobat.com/combinepdfRestart the machine after the installation of updates(if any).

You may also refer to the following KB doc to check the File types you can convert/combine How to Use Adobe PDF Pack

You may also refer to the following KB doc File conversion error when combining files

Conversion Failure while combining files

PDF Pack combine files doesn't work, conversion failure

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden i can't combine PDFs. I can choose them but then the combine button is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, there's no error message.the files just sit there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LSS,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiecing an issue in combining the PDFs on Document Cloud?

If yes, please ensure that you add the file name in the box provided at the top right corner of th window (just before the cancel button).

After adding the file name, the combine button will enable itself.

Let us know if you need any help or have a different issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to combine files, it no longer is saved as one file (binder) but as a portfolio.  I originally attempted this with .pdf files I'd copied, and it appeared there was some security issue that wouldn't allow me to do so.  I did a screen shot of the files, saved to MS Word as a Word document, then saved as a .pdf file.  Acrobat Pro/DC still will not combine the files, but only save them as a portfolio, with two separate files.  Is this something new from Acrobat?  I make monthly payments to Adobe and expect things to work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piscatory,

Sorry for the trouble.

As you are experiencing an issue with combining PDFs, could you please share the steps you do to combine the PDFs?

Are you directly combining files in Acrobat? 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem, I was always able to combine as per the tutorial video shown, never an issue - now of late (surely we can't be the only people with this issue???) That I get the 3 separate files in a weird window and asking one to make up a "portfolio"?? It never combines, you only ever see 2 separated files doing nothing. I have to have this manual ready tomorrow and there is NO support for this issue. This is NOT shown in the tutorial - why is it different, why wont it combine? We are PAYING for this service>??

I am going to have to use a free merge programme now, what a waste!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok for anyone else having this issue :

I have revisited the settings under the "combine" option and it seems the issue was that a new selection box has been added to the menu of settings and defaulted with a tick. So I removed the (apparently new) tick for the box that says "would you like to make a portfolio" or something to this effect...how bizarre, what is a portfolio in any case, there is nothing in the tutorials it does not get a mention and the video side steps the "portfolio" option entirely. I have spent absolute HOURS on this combine feature for the one stupid box to now "appear" out of the blue and be selected as DEFAULT! I can't believe someone would do this to their users, it has caused a HUGE amount of stress for nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  THANK YOU!  This just happened to me for the first time tonight.  So glad I found your answer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources