• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Require Product information

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, We have PDF ifilter installed in our sharepoint farm. Other than this, we don't have any information. i need to know license expiry date, renewal process and installation guide. Can someone please guide me to right person/team here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saurav_kumar, 

The information you are looking for, would not be possible to pull up without any product detail shared from your side.

Which Adobe application you are referring here? PDF ifilter isn't Adobe product or feature.

If you or your company own any Adobe software, then we need any one of the information-

1- Purchase order number

2- Email used to registered/ purchase the product

3- Serial key

Or you may refer to- Find your serial number

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Please find below screenshot, its Adobe PDF Ifilter 9 for 64 bit platform.

I believe its free product, kindly confirm.

pdf ifilter.PNG

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saurav,

Thanks for sharing further details.

Yes, it is a free plugin. Adobe PDF iFilter is designed for end users or administrators who wish to index Adobe PDF documents using

Microsoft indexing clients. This allows the user to easily search for text within Adobe PDF documents.

Also, Adobe IFilter is a background service, so you cannot interact with it directly.

There isn't any license expiry, renewal process associated with it. You can download it from here: Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Thank you for the information.

Can you me the link pdf ifilter 9 as well?

Can you share me pdf ifilter9 and the new version installation guide for sharepoint 2010 and if in case we get into trouble whom should we contact since i had a tough time finding the right platform to get my answers

Thank you for all your help.

Regards,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a free download. There is nobody to contact about it and no support. Posting in the forums is probably the best approach. To start with, use the current version, not the ancient version 9.

There is no documentation and no installation guide for specific apps. None is needed because iFilter is a standard Microsoft protocol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

There must be some deployment guide for installing it in sharepoint 2010 farm. Request you to kindly check and provide. In case of sev1 issues, we can't wait for the response from forum.

I hope you understand the situation when we have 80k+ users facing issues

Thank you.

Reagrds,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why must there be such a thing? And do you not believe that there is no support for free products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since i saw one link and was expecting this/ some other doc with detailed info

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/Acrobat_Reader_IFilter_configuration.p...

Is there any paid support in case of any issues if we need

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources