Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send and track document not sent to all recipients

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I sent a document to 198 recipients through the Send and track service (under the 200 limit from my understanding). Some recipients received their personalized link to view and download it, but others have not. Is there a typical delay after which I should start worrying (it has been 45 minutes now) and is there a way, aside from the "view date" confirmation, to know to which recipients I should resend the document?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last post I did a test with 50 recipients and had the same issue: some received it and others (including a secondary email of mine) did not. No way to know who did and who didn't, except for those who previewed the document.

A test with 10 recipients worked; all 10 received the email.

Can anyone from Adobe confirm if there is an issue at the moment with the service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone able to assist us with this problem? Otherwise, the service is useless for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone interested in this or having the same issue, we never received any reply or support from Adobe. We've opted to send our documents in batches of 10 to our 200 recipients.

This product does not seem to work well at all for any recipient list greater than 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Syndicatc,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response to your previous posts. As explained above, that some of the users are not receiving the document sent through the Send & Track service.

However, when you send it in batches it did work. So could you confirm how exactly you are using the service? Is it online via  https://cloud.acrobat.com/send  or using desktop application Adobe Reader DC?

Does it happen with all the pdfs that you send or with a particular file that you have been trying to send?

If you have any antivirus software, then you may turn it off for a while and then try sending the files to the precipitant using Adobe Reader DC- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions  as it seems to be the connection issue with  server you are working on.

[Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install or activate other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.]

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, it was starting to feel lonely here.

All of my attempts were done using the web interface only. The reason I'm aware that the documents were not sent to all recipients is that I included some friends in the list (as well as a secondary email or mine) and some of them (as well as my secondary email) did not receive it.

In the two cases (198 recipients and then 50 recipients), I used the same document, but had it renamed the second time.

I also tried with 10 recipients and they all received it.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this? Any additional info that would allow you to get into my account and have a look? Or access to the document itself? I was really counting on this product to be my solution to tracking documents, but I at least need to know that everyone received the share notification. At the moment, there's no way for me to assume that if I sent something, it actually reached the recipients' mailbox.

Thank you,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Daniel,

Looking at the information shared above, I assume this is an intermittent issue with the service.

We request you to try the workaround shared below and see if that helps you too as it has helped resolving the issue of customer's who have been experiencing the same issue.

• Clearing out old files by going to your sent files, scrolling to the bottom and deleting as many as you can.
  • Also by going to document cloud and cleaning out whatever can be deleted to lower down the data (not required). This seems to have currently solved the issue.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akanchha,

The documents I sent that did not reach all recipients were actually the second and third documents I had tried sending. There are at the moment only 5 documents in my account. The only other things I can think of are to try with a different computer and actually sending the document with multiple recipients directly from Adobe Reader DC. It is not clear for me which one between Adobe Reader DC and the document cloud is more reliable. Does Adobe have a recommended method of use for Send and Track?

Thank you,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Daniel,

Sorry for the delay.

Adobe Send & Track is an online service and its a part of Document Cloud pdf. As its an online service so specially recommended to use online via https://cloud.acrobat.com/ . As an alternate and for users convenience it is also accessible through the desktop application Adobe Reader DC.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the information that arrived via this email on August 8 appears to be true.

Important information about your Adobe Send & Track service.

Adobe is no longer selling Send & Track as a standalone service. While we do not currently plan to end your subscription, there are a few changes that may affect you:

• Starting 18 September 2018, Send & Track branding capabilities will be discontinued, so any custom branding you have set up on your files will no longer appear.
  • You will still be able to send and track large documents, images, videos and audio files.
  • If your subscription ends, you will not be able to re-purchase the Send & Track service, but these capabilities are available in Adobe PDF Pack and Adobe Acrobat DC subscriptions.

For more information, read the FAQ.

Thank you for being an Adobe customer.
Adobe Document Cloud Services team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Send & Track FAQ

These appear to be lies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources