• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to convert Word docs to PDF

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't my word docs convert to a pdf?

The "convert" option greys out (unable to select it) when i select my word doc to convert.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Hi Kyliem,

Thank you for sharing the information.

I see that you are using Adobe Reader XI and you have Adobe Export PDF subscription.

Adobe Export PDF helps you to convert files into editable Word, Excel and Rich text format file.

It cannot create PDFs from other format files.

You need either Adobe PDF Pack or the Adobe Acrobat DC subscription to convert Word docs to PDF.

Please refer this help doc Pricing | Export PDF for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyliem,

As you have mentioned that you are not able to convert Word documents to PDF, and the convert option is greyed out.

Could you please let us know how exactly you are trying to convert the file?

Are you using PDF pack to convert the file or the Adobe Acrobat DC?

Please share the exact steps you do and the screenshot of the page where the option is greyed out.

If you are using Adobe PDF pack to convert the file, please make sure that the file size must be below 100 MB.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I greatly appreciate your reply...

In answer to your questions:

MEENAKSHI, YOU ASKED- Could you please let us know how exactly you are trying to convert the file?

This is answered by this pic below- you can see i am simply selecting a word doc file.  I have paid for unlimited conversion as you can see there also.

MEENAKSHI, YOU ASKED- Are you using PDF pack to convert the file or the Adobe Acrobat DC?

I think so?  This is why i need an actual Adobe member to contact me to tell me that my subscription is ok?  It should be- i paid for unlimited conversions with a yearly fee only a fews months ago.

MEENAKSHI, YOU ASKED - Please share the exact steps you do and the screenshot of the page where the option is greyed out.

Meenakshi you can see via this pics

MEENAKSHI, YOU ASKED- If you are using Adobe PDF pack to convert the file, please make sure that the file size must be below 100 MB

How do i know what size my file is?

This is quite urgent, it is a work related file, i really wish Adobe provided a service to its users, other than one that tell you its really busy, try again try again.  That was a week ago.   

IMG_0869.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyliem,

Thank you for sharing the information.

I see that you are using Adobe Reader XI and you have Adobe Export PDF subscription.

Adobe Export PDF helps you to convert files into editable Word, Excel and Rich text format file.

It cannot create PDFs from other format files.

You need either Adobe PDF Pack or the Adobe Acrobat DC subscription to convert Word docs to PDF.

Please refer this help doc Pricing | Export PDF for more information.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOOOOU.

I will look at this later this afternoon once I get home from work.

Many thanks Meenakshi

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources