• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why, all of a sudden, can't I convert a .doc file to PDF? I'm using Adobe Pro DC, Adobe PDF Services, Windows 10. The file is 52.1 MB.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, all of a sudden, can I not convert a .doc file to PDF? I'm using Adobe Pro DC, Adobe PDF Services, Windows 10. The file is 52.1 MB. Everything smaller converts ok. When trying to convert this file I receive the following message, "Operation in Process...There is currently an operation in process. Continuing will cancel that operation. Would you like to continue? (2 choices are) DELETE & CANCEL."

The conversion process is on a loop and never finishes....

Been working fine for the last 2 years!?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Thanks for sharing the file Bob.

I have just converted the .doc file to .pdf using Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.011.20038. The file has converted successfully to .pdf format, which I have shared with you via private message.

Additional:- I have used Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.011.20038 desktop application.

You have mentioned above, "Acrobat Plus that brings me to the program Adobe PDF Services" not sure that you what does it mean by Acrobat Plus here.

Make sure that you have the correct ap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobp,

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused and thanks for reporting the issue to us.

As you have mentioned that the error message appears with the "Document Cloud Services" as well as when using the Acrobat Pro DC desktop application.

We have checked your account and found that you are a subscriber of Adobe Acrobat DC subscription. So do you get this "Operation in process" message when converting the file using desktop application Adobe Acrobat DC or online via- https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf 

Have you checked with the different web browser or any other network?

If possible, could you please share the file with us? We would like to test the same at our end to see whether its a file specific issue or problem with the services itself.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

We would be looking forward for ran update from you.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akki_24: I convert the file using an Acrobat icon on my desktop titled

Acrobat Plus that brings me to the program Adobe PDF Services. I have not

checked a different browser. Please be more specific on which file you'd

like (Acrobat Plus?).

The issue only involves this one file that's 52 MB. All other files convert

with no problem.

I apologize for my ignorance.

Thanks for responding!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob, I was referring to that problematic file (52MB), we would like to convert that at our end to see whether issue is reproducible or not.

If you can, then please share it on the email shared via private message.

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​

SOMERS ROSTER.doc

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wxv67P2NWw16T_ExxIeZazegF4oszKRl/view?usp=drive_web>

​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file Bob.

I have just converted the .doc file to .pdf using Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.011.20038. The file has converted successfully to .pdf format, which I have shared with you via private message.

Additional:- I have used Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.011.20038 desktop application.

You have mentioned above, "Acrobat Plus that brings me to the program Adobe PDF Services" not sure that you what does it mean by Acrobat Plus here.

Make sure that you have the correct app installed which is Adobe Acrobat DC not Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If you do not have the application installed yet, then refer to-

Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC |...

Regards,
Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum thread is: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10289734#10289734.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I've been using...FYI

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Adobe Acrobat DC. All good. Thanks for all your help! Great job!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Let us know if any further assistance is required.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources