• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I compress a PDF now?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I compress my PDFs any more? I could - and did - do it last week, but today I can't: unless I pay heaps of money for this 'free' service! Why? Has this already gone through? It just keeps telling me to 'Post' without saying if it has gone through or not! Nuisance.

TOPICS
Create PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a limit for the free service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh? Since when? I have used it and Adobe products for years with no problems. Now I do. I - or my business, I should say - paid £hundreds for software (Acrobat, Illustrator, PageMaker etc) over many years - and the ability to compress the reultant files was a handy little online feature that costs NOTHING to provide. AND it says on the Adobe website FREE; it says on internet searches FREE, it says everywhere FREE. It always was. But it's not now.

I have since found an onle service - FREE - that does the very same job (with more features!). So Adobe will be last on my - our - shopping list.

And, by the way, if you really are an 'Adobe Cummunity Professional' your curt, sarcastic answer does you and Adobe no favours. An explanation at least would have been desired - and de rigueur. And an exclamation mark after your brief answer shows scant respect for customers.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I see you changed your rather curt reply - by adding three words. Thanks for that. Still no explanation etc. I think we'll leave it there - and I go elswehere!

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response.

We have checked your account and see that you are using the free Adobe account. It seems that you have compressed the file using the free trial provided Acrobat Online account. 

There is a limit for the free trial. To compress the PDF you will need a subscription. Please refer to the information provided in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/faq/adobe-pdfpack-faq.html.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources