• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Document Path not Valid" Error on Kindle Fire 10 (7th gen)

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the Document Cloud on Adobe Reader on my Kindle Fire 10, opening a file from the cloud brings up the loading percentage as normal, but then the loading percentage expands to several digits (10 or so?), cycling very quickly, and then I get the error "Document Path not Valid." The file does not open. This is true of all the files I've attempted to open, but opening local files works just fine. I've signed out, uninstalled the program, shut off the device, reinstalled the program and signed back in. The problem persists.

I am able to open my files from the cloud on my desktop computer.

I contacted support, and they referred me to the forum, because they don't support mobile devices (!?).

Help, please!

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I uninstalled and re-install Adobe Reader on my Kindle Fire 10 but it kept having the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry fo the delay in response.

As you have mentioned above, you get the error message while opening the PDFs from Document Cloud on the Adobe Acrobat Reader application for mobile.

Could you please share the video of the issue occuring on your device? It would be helpful for us to undertand the issue better.

Also, please share the application and OS version you are using on the device.

Did the issue start occuring after any recent change?

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if the issue has already resolved.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure!

Here's a video.  The issue has definitely not resolved.

I'm operating a Kindle Fire HD 10 Gen 7, running Fire OS 5.6.4.0 (636559820).  The build date on that release is August 20, 2019, which is long before I started having this issue (I use Document Cloud daily).

I'm unaware of any changes or updates which precipitated the issue.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and I did an update.  Big mistake!  The new version, when you try to look up your files, it presents the titles in a very awkward way, especially if they are long.  Also, I cannot figure out how to upload to send and track since the update.  And it's telling me I have no more space for files.  How do I know how much I have used?  When I used the chat for support, I was told there is no longer any chat support for the Document Cloud.  Not amused!  I'm running Kindle HD 8.6, also having same problem with Fire HD 10.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got kindle 8 and I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

The issue remains unchanged.  I still cannot access documents from my Document Cloud from Acrobat Reader app on the Kindle Fire 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error on my Kindle Fire 8: "the document path is not valid" after a long string of negative numbers under the progress bar. I have had a paid subscription for a long time and it is current. My files are accessible from other devices. I have deleted and/or uninstalled the app and/or turned my Fire off and back on, more than once, and that didn't help. It shows me my files but seems to think I'm not logged into Document Cloud when I try to open a file, whether the file is new or old. Even though it lists my Document Cloud documents, it offers me the opportunity to turn on Mobile Link but won't accept the login. So none of my Cloud files are accessible on my Fire. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.  Still an issue.  meenakshin83966505, thank you for your continued attention to this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Billd3 

Also having this issue.  It was not doing this until very recently.  Has any one talked to Kindle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Is it even possible that this problem stay unsolved since January?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem here. Trying to open docs on Kindle Fire HD 10 and get the same message "The document path is not valid." This only happens on this device, can open on Note phone and iPads. Please assist Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this same problem on my Kindle Fire for quite a while now.  Adobe, could you please find some way to resolve this?  Not being able to access any of the files in my document cloud seriously reduces the usefulness of Acrobat on my Kindle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whew.  I was worried I'd missed the one-year anniversary of posting.  Fortunately, it's just been nine months without resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources