• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculated Fields based on Shown Fields Only

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a timesheet in Adobe Acrobat Sign that requires automatic daily and weekly hour calculations based on lunch breaks. For each day, users enter the date, enter the start time (h:nn tt), select their lunch length from a drop-down menu (none, 30 min, 45 min, 60 min),  and enter the end time (h:nn tt).

In order to get the total daily hours calculation, I have created four different calculated fields on top of each other set to show only when the specific item from the lunch length drop-menu is selected. This works as expected and shows the accurate number of hours worked. I am using a variation of the following formula that as shown is for a Monday where a 30 minute lunch was selected.

(dateDiff("n", if([Monday Stop Time 1]<[Monday Start Time 1], [Monday Stop Time 1] + 1, [Monday Stop Time 1]), [Monday Start Time 1]) / 60) - 0.50

I am unable to get the total weekly hours calculation to work, though. Instead of adding the seven shown fields for each day in the week, it adds all 28 fields. I am using the following formula. Please note not all fields are included in this example, but you can see the pattern. 

[Monday Hours No Lunch 1] + [Monday Hours 30 Lunch 1] + [Monday Hours 45 Lunch 1] + [Monday Hours 60 Lunch 1] + [Tuesday Hours No Lunch 1] + [Tuesday Hours 30 Lunch 1] + [Tuesday Hours 45 Lunch 1] + [Tuesday Hours 60 Lunch 1] + [Wednesday Hours No Lunch 1] + [Wednesday Hours 30 Lunch 1] + [Wednesday Hours 45 Lunch 1] + [Wednesday Hours 60 Lunch 1] ….

I included all possible options because I cannot predict what lunch length a user will pick for each day. How can I make it so only the seven shown calculated fields are added for the total weekly hours? Thank you for your expertise, support, and guidance.

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same type of issue. Was this figured out?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeremyl65160557,

Thank you for reaching out.

For the calculation, please refer to the information in the following help document:  https://adobe.ly/3y3rgay.

If you can share the document once so we can have a look. 

We have checked that you are using the Adobe Sign Enterprise plan. You may also contact our Adobe Sign Enterprise support team for the correct information. You may contact them using the steps in the following help document: https://adobe.ly/3waaHcD.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Meenakshi, I did open a ticket with support. If they can't help, I'll upload the form here.

Regards,

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines