• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the name associated with a recipient's email address?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a draft document where I put in a recipient's email. On the page where I drag and drop signature blocks, that email address is listed as a person's name who used to be in control of the email account but no longer is. How can I change the name that shows up when I put in that email address?

(In normal emails, the actual email address' "name" is a program name - so if they sent someone a normal email the sender's name would be the program name, not the person's name who is showing up in adobe sign. So the problem isn't on the end of the actual email address.)

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Greetings!

The Name value is imported from Adobe Sign, not Salesforce.

At some point, an agreement was sent to "john.smith@test.company.com", and the person that received that signature link entered "Linda Perry" as the name value.  It's possible that the original party forwarded their email to Linda, or entered Linda as a test value.

The best solution would be to log in to the user with the email address john.smith@test.company.com (in Adobe Sign), and change the name value associated with that a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Adobe Acrobat Sign offers the ability to require recipient names upon signing and to update recipient names. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-require-recipient-name.html for details

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Adobe Acrobat Sign offers the ability to require recipient names to be a certain format when sending the agreement out for signature. If the agreement is already sent and you need to correct a recipient's name, you can do that as well. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-require-recipient-name.html for details

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Hi Lisa296353964iem,

Thank you for reaching out.

It can be an issue at the recipient's end. The account name of that user for the Acrobat Sign account is set as that. 

We can check if you can share the recipient's email address in a private message. 

You may send a private message using the envelope icon at the top right corner of the community page. Or you may ask the user to check the name set on his Acrobat Sign profile. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am actually having the same problem.  When recieving the document to sign the name and date has been auto filled in.  I am a delegate signer for my boss, so when I apply his signature, it's putting my name and email in the form.  It should all be filled out as his name, however it's not letting me edit it or remove it.  We have watched multiple tutorials and have got out IT dept. to look into this, all with no solutions.  Please let me know how to correct this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brandi,

I believe the issue you are running into is that a delegate is someone who signs a document with their own credentials. If you need to sign an agreement with someone elses credentials this would be signing on behalf. Signing on behalf can be completed by setting up Advanced Account sharing with your boss. Once completed you can switch to their agreements in the manage page -> Select the In-Process agreement-> and sign your bosses credentials. The great thing about this is it will update the audit report to log that you signed on behalf of your boss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines