• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I cancel a document sent out for signature?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user. 

After filling in the form for "Get a Document signed", I forgot to check the box "Preview, position signatures and add form fields" before I clicked "Send".  So, the document is now out for signature and I want to cancel it and start over.  How do I do that?

Fortunately, I had added my own email address in the "To" box as the first in the list of signatories.  I had also selected the "Order Entered" option, so it is waiting for me to sign first before it sends the document to the next person. I know that I could have used the "I need to sign" option but I did not.  I added my own address to the "To" list instead hoping Adobe would send to me an email to sign like it sends to others.  I wanted to see what it looked like.  But instead, after clicking "Send", it opened the document and is now prompting me to sign using a signature field that Abobe added to the end of the document.  What do I do next?  If I sign, it will go to the next person, which I must avoid.  If I click "I refuse to sign", what happens?  I want to cancel this "Send for Signature" so it will not go to the next person on the email list.  I want to start over and add the signature fields before sending.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Never mind.  I "used the "Decline" option and used the Decline notification message to inform others that I was aborting this version and sending it around again separately but with proper signature fields added.  I also found that if I went to the Manage tab, I could cancel and delete from there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind.  I "used the "Decline" option and used the Decline notification message to inform others that I was aborting this version and sending it around again separately but with proper signature fields added.  I also found that if I went to the Manage tab, I could cancel and delete from there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines