• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add Input Fields that can be used in Adobe Sign workflow?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a document that explains how to create these input fields in a Word document do that it can be used in a Adobe Sign workflow? The second question is if these fields are avaiable in Power Automate once the signature process is completed?

Ideally we would like to use this input data to add additional metadata to a completed signed document which is being uploaded into SharePoint.

TOPICS
SharePoint and Salesforce integration , Workflow designer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

You can use text tag to add Sign form fields to a Word document. When the Word doc is processed by Sign, these tags convert to Sign form fields.

In Power Automate you can get the field values as csv using the "Get form field data of agreement" Sign action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

your question is quite different than what the original poster was asking about, i think they may have been using the generic term workflow, rather than referring to the Sign worfklow feature as you are. 

Your first screenshot show where the workflow designer can set the name of the overall agreement, which indeed is used in the email subject.

In the workflow designer you have to provide some value and the value cannot be dynamically created in the workflow designer. Best you can do is to add

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really appreciate any help with this also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use text tag to add Sign form fields to a Word document. When the Word doc is processed by Sign, these tags convert to Sign form fields.

In Power Automate you can get the field values as csv using the "Get form field data of agreement" Sign action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to have this field as a required field each time a sender uses this workflow therefore I'd want to leave this blank and have the sender add in the Client name each time:

default7olus1bolyld_0-1634551295643.png

I then tried doing this instead however it doesn't show up on the email to the Client therefore it doesn't serve my purpose:

default7olus1bolyld_1-1634551363688.png

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your question is quite different than what the original poster was asking about, i think they may have been using the generic term workflow, rather than referring to the Sign worfklow feature as you are. 

Your first screenshot show where the workflow designer can set the name of the overall agreement, which indeed is used in the email subject.

In the workflow designer you have to provide some value and the value cannot be dynamically created in the workflow designer. Best you can do is to add some place holder text like  'Fixed part of the name' - <<Enter Variable part of the agreement name>>

Your second screenshot is more related to fields in any document that is used. 

The field title is the label which an end user would see when using the workflow to send an agreemenet.

Document Field name is the name of a field in any of the document attached. In your example the workflow expects a document containing a field name 'Estate'.

Not visible in your screen shot, but theres a third option where the value of this field is entered. This value is merged into the Estate field (if it's present in one of the attached documents)

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/workflow-designer-signature-workflow.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines