• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to delete saved signature and initials from adobe DC

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my work PC i have Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat DC. i have been working on a form that can be completed using my laptop. 

In this form i require my client to sign pages using a pen as i need an actauly signature the same as their ID such as drivers licence

In each of Reader and DC i appeared to have added my signature in testing the form. I also have added initials for each one. 

How can i delete the stored or saved ones so that a client can add their own. 

Many thanks

Luke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

If you are referring that you have added signature and initials in the Fill & Sign signature tool in both the applications, you can delete and change it by clicking on the "-" icon provided just next to the signature or intitals added. Check the screenshot below

clipboard_image_0.png

If you are referring to the signature added in the document via Fill & Sign, then it is not possible to delete the signature.

You may delete the digital signature added by you in the document, however, you cannot delete the digital signature added by others.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Meenakshi for the above response. I could do that originally but now that i clicked the option to save i am unable to use that - function. there is a good chance it's my employers security settings as they are very strict. I was hoping that you could in a preferences setting delete the 2 that were saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a solution to this which works everytime:

Go to C:\users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\adobe\acrobat\dc\security) and remove the following files:

acrobat_fss_signature_initials

acrobat_fss_signature_initialsi

acrobat_fss_signature_initialsk

It clears both your Signature and Initials and you can add them back in when using Adobe.  If you want to have something only temporarily untick the box in Adobe Fill & Sign so that the signature or initials aren't saved.

Shaz 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This resolved the issue for me thank you! I also had the same issue where the area to delete the signature and initials was greyed out.  Also would like to point out that the AppData folder may be hidden so you would have to go to View in file explorer and make sure hidden items is checked to access the folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines