• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit alphanumeric characters for a field? Custom Expression?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to limit characters for different fields.  I tried doing a combination of text and alphanumeric string validations, but it wouldn't validate correctly when testing the form if I added spaces between words, so now I am trying to do it with a custom expression, but that isn't working either.  I saw something similiar to the syntax below on another post, but it isn't working for me.  The format below is what I am using.  What am I doing wrong? Also, do I need to add 'signer1', 'signer2', or 'anyone' to validate the signer or does that take care of itself by who I assign the field to in the options box? Lastly, do I need to change the syntax below for text string vs alphanumeric string?

{{fieldname_es_:string(maxlen=30)}}

TOPICS
User interface issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 2.21.47 PM.png

So this was a simple solution.  I am providing a screenshot for anyone who has this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 2.21.47 PM.png

So this was a simple solution.  I am providing a screenshot for anyone who has this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the dollar sign required?  If I just want a character max is that the text needed to make this work?  Does anyone know how to have a character minimum and maximum to ensure the number of digits collected is correct?  for example, routing numbers must be 9 digits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines