• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Capture and Ipad Pro. Do all of the functions work?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to buy a new iPad pro after using a Samsung Tablet  ( Tab A ) for a while.  I am really impressed with the Adobe Capture app that I see extensively on YouTube showing the iPhone.   Does it work as well on the iPad?  I appreciate that the iPhone has a flash for taking pictures which the iPad doesn't but this does not concern me.  I use a Samsung phone and do not want to go up the iPhone route.  Adobe Capture does not work on the Samsung Tablet!  This is the main reason to go for the iPad Pro.  I have Photoshop 2017, Lightroom and Illustrator on my Windown 10 pc and laptop.  Any advice would be welcome before a fairly expensive purchase.  Regards, Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Brian.

I hesitate to ever say that something works great because my version of "great" could be completely different than yours but in my opinion, Capture works just as well on iPad Pro (and the Air 2) as it does on the phone.

I have to admit I do most of my capturing on my phone (but you'll be able to continue to capture on your Samsung as well) but I like to do my asset "editing" on my iPad.

I don't know if that helps (I'm never quite sure what to include in reviews) but I'm happy to answer an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian.

I hesitate to ever say that something works great because my version of "great" could be completely different than yours but in my opinion, Capture works just as well on iPad Pro (and the Air 2) as it does on the phone.

I have to admit I do most of my capturing on my phone (but you'll be able to continue to capture on your Samsung as well) but I like to do my asset "editing" on my iPad.

I don't know if that helps (I'm never quite sure what to include in reviews) but I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

could you tell me if there's a difference in size of pictures/graphics you got from iPad Pro and your phone? I use Adobe Capture on my iPhone 5s and the pictures/grahics I got from Adobe Capture are quite small (their size is only 640x1136 pixels with 300 dpi). Will they be the same size if I use Adobe Capture with iPad Pro? Or will they be bigger? I know that some apps give you bigger pictures/graphics if you use them on iPad Pro.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

evenual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Evenual.

I don't have an iPad Pro with me to test but whether I save a shape to the camera roll on my iPad Air 2 or on my iPhone it saves at 2828 x 2828 at 72dpi.

Does that help? I can test on an iPad Pro tomorrow if it will help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines