• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you edit a graphic created with capture?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I just started using Adobe Capture (and CC Libraries).  I just captured a number of graphics using Capture.  Is there any way to edit them, and re-save them to the library once captured?  I thought it would be easy to do this, but I can't find any way to do it.  A number of my captures are rotated 90 degrees, and have some stuff that I thought would be easier to edit out on a desktop than on my phone.  There is an "Edit" option visible in illustrator's library panel, but it is greyed out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Mattness.

This is super manageable in Capture, especially if all you need to do is rotate the Shape (but, actually, editing in general is easy...

Just scroll to the Shapes tab in the app. Then from the thumbnail view of the shape you want to edit, tap on the ellipsis (...) icon in the lower right corner. Choose Edit from the menu that opens. The shape will launch in a new screen with all the editing options.

Let me know if you have any trouble or if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Unfortunately I can't quite replicate the steps you suggest.  Here is what I can do that isn't working.  I go to the shapes tab in the app.  I click on the little icon at the bottom right that looks like a picture.  I choose "Creative Cloud."  I then choose the library that I created for this project.  I then choose the image that I want to modify (in this case rotate 90º).   I see no ellipsis in the lower right corner.  Instead I see a button with the creative cloud symbol and the word "open".  I click on that.  Then in order to modify it, I need to click on the checkmark in the bottom center.  I click on the checkmark, and it now says "Edit" at the top.  I click on "crop" and am able to rotate the image 90º.  I click save and the app says "Saved" however the image is not rotated in my library.  It is unchanged, and if I open it again it is in its original orientation.  Doesn't look like it saved a rotated copy either.  I am using the latest iPhone version on an iPhone 7 plus.
Thanks,
-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt.

That image graphic you're tapping on is actually bringing in a new image; it's not enabling you to edit an existing shape. This screenshot might help:

Capture.jpg

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue,  I was under the camera tab, which I assumed was the top level, and didn't know that I needed to hit the x to back out of it.  I can now rotate them and re - save them in Capture.  I would like to be able to modify them on my nice 27" iMac with a Wacom tablet rather than my tiny iPhone.  Are there any desktop tools that allow you to edit these images for more sophisticated cleanup than rotation?  Thanks,  -Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Matt.

Well, you can bring them into an Ai or Ps artboard, but I don't think the type of editing you're referring to is possible there; erasing/drawing lines and overall fine-tuning of the shapes would have to be done in Capture.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines