My capture app takes up 12 GB on my Iphone (document and data). I have not taken that many captures, mostly shapes. When I take a shape capture it seems like a regular photo of the capture get into my Iphone images folder. Then My CC library gets the shape svg's, in "my library". But I have some questions:
1) What is taking up so much space on my Iphone? 12 GB is almost 20% on all my Iphone storage.
2) Is it the shapes svg's taking up room? If so, where can I see this document and data in my Iphone, and how can I delete it? I don't see that I can see anywhere what this huge amount of data is.
3) If I delete this in my Iphone, will my shapes images disappear from my CC library? As it is synced.
4) Is there any way to get these files out of my CC library in a batch, like my whole libraries folder? Else, the only way is to place a shape ina document, save that document under another name, erase the shape in my CC library? Repeat for hundreds of files...
Just wonder if there is any efficient workflow around this, handling of images? I have searched but not found any answers to this.
Something is wrong. Capture shouldn't be taking up so much space on your device (as a comparison Capture and it's assets are taking up only 209MB on my phone).
The first thing I"d like you to do is to sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/libraries and make sure that all of the assets you see you see in Capture on your iPhone also show up there.
Let me know if you see everything there and we'll go from there.
Yes, it show up there. By the way, not my capture app is up to 28 GB,
almost half of my Iphone storage space! It's not the size itself that
bother me the most. The problem is that I have no way of handling it. Where
are the capture data stored in the Iphone?
1: I can't erase capture data from my phone
2: If I could erase Capture data from my phone it would be erased from my
library also, as they are synced?
3: I can't download my library files easily as a group (if I would ever
found a way to erase it on my phone, so I would not loose my files)
Where can I read about workflow, how it works? Handling of files, syncing,
What I would like to be able to do is this:
1: Use capture for capturing shapes (textures)
2: Download folder with captured files from my library (as a whole folder,
so it does not take forever to do it)
3: Clear folder with the files from my library
4: Erase/clear all captures from my Iphone, so I get down to zero on
"document and data" in capture app, if it's not cleared automatically when
5: Having Capture app taking up very little data on my Iphone, so I can
start taking more captures
Do you use for capturing shape textures?
There is an FAQ for Capture here: Learn how to create and edit brushes, colors, shapes, and patterns using Capture. Learn how to creat...
But there is not a way to delete content from your phone and have it stay in your Libraries. Once you delete them from your phone they will be deleted permanently. In addition, there is no way to export Shapes in bulk; they can only be exported as a single .svg from Capture or opened (in an artboard) from the Libraries panel from one of the desktop apps.
That said the app absolutely should not be taking up this much space on your device. It is not normal.
IF you can see all of the work you've created in Capture when you sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/libraries, then I'd like you to uninstall/reinstall Capture on your device.
And I'd like you to do it from your device's Settings panel. Here are the steps:
* Go to Settings > General > iPad Storage
* Tap on Show All just above Offload Unused Apps
* Scroll down to Adobe Capture then tap on Delete App (I'm hoping that will delete not only the app but this one drawing that hasn't yet synced).
* Then restart your device and once it starts up again reinstall Capture from the App Store.
Do not do this if all of your work isn't synced to https://assets.adobe.com/libraries; any work that is not synced there will be permanently deleted along with the app.
If reinstalling the app doesn't solve this problem, I'm going to need all of your phone/app information so I can bring it up with the product team.
Please let me know what happens.
i took lots of patterns and images on my ios 6s due date i took about 323 patterns and is just only 3.63 gig its no way near your 12 gig size i suspect it has something to do with the Shape svgs and the taken images
i believe the app is relative new and there tons of improvement that can be implemented so anyone could feel at ease in using the app , you could make an suggestion to them