• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing Images to Work on in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you capturing images to work on in Illustrator? I am working in my sketchbook and I would like to capture the image and edit (and vectorize) it within Illustrator. What's the best way to get it in Illustrator?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JGentry.

Have you tried using the Shapes module in Capture to create vector images of your sketches? It's a super easy process and once created, those shapes are accessible through the Libraries panel in Illustrator CC and can be easily opened in an artboard.

This Adobe Help document is a bit old (the UI of Capture has changed) but it has an accurate representation of the workflow: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/mobile-apps/how-to/capture-shapes-illustrator.html

Capture shapes for Illustrator |

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sue.

As of now, I snap a photo, add it to Adobe Draw on my iPad, then send it to Illustrator. I’ll check out the resource you provided. Thank you!

UPDATE: Whoa! That's awesome! This is a game changer. Thanks again, Sue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JGentry.

Oh good. I'm so glad it's what you need.

Let me know if you have questions about anything (there aren't any super basic tutorials for Capture).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines