• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I almost always get the "Unable to apply smoothing error"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Adobe Capture. It has seriously helped me so much as an artist to covert simple one-line drawings into beautiful vector files. 

I always use "Shapes", then I refine, and then I go to smooth. Smooth is where the problem is. I personally never turn the Smooth to "On" because I have found that leaving it "off" still applies a small but perfect amount of smoothing. However, my problem is that when I go to smooth it always says it cannot apply smoothing and I should refine the shape.

I always make sure that my phones have free RAM when I do this. This happens to me on a Samsung 20 Ultra and also a Google Pixel 5. I CAN get this to process on my IPad Pro but when I use that, it will always leave a small, random, artifact in the picture as soon as I go to smooth section. Please HELP!

Screenshot_20210201-132048_Adobe Capture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tyler,

I am sorry that you are facing this issue.

Can you please share the original image from which you are creating this shape or is it happening with all the images?

Please make sure you are on the latest Capture application Version. 

Regards,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20210201-132229_Adobe Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this has helped us reproduce the issue. We will be investigating it further and come back with next steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. For what it is worth, this has something to do with the art itself. The picture i sent you was 2 non-intersecting lines. I think it is too much detail for it to handle. You can make it work by cropping the picture in half. 

Another funny fact. If I draw a loop or a circle, I have to turn smoothing off. If I turn it on then it will never know where to start processing the image, so it will try for an infinite amount of time (my assumption but I shut it down after 3 minutes). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines