• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No longer able to export SVG format

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the SVG export function in the latest Capture update?  I’m unable to find it and everything saves as a Jpeg. That’s one more step for me to have to then take it into Illustrator. I used to be able to do it all from phone/iPad, but with the recent update, it no longer seems to be able to export SVG. What happened?  That was the main reason I lived Adobe Capture!  I could scan my drawings instantly to SVG format and send them to my vinyl cutter.

Can we we go back to the previous version, please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hi Kristi.

Oh good. I was hoping you were just not be "finding it" in the new UI. Having the app launch in "camera mode" is a little confusing until you get used to it. A couple of things that might help:

* Whenever you're in camera mode and you don't want to be in it, just tap the X in the lower left corner and it will exit out to your Libraries view.

* It's possible to toggle "off" Capture launching in camera mode. Go to Settings (tap the Profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen), the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristi.

That function is still in Capture. A couple of quick questions:

* Are you no longer seeing the option to export as an SVG? If you're no longer seeing the option, is everything still the same with your Creative Cloud subscription?

* Or is exporting as an SVG not working? If it's not working can you tell me what happens when it doesn't work?

Please let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the answer. After you said it wasn’t gone, I went back in to play around with it. Before, after you saved a Capture, it would automatically get you to the files screen where you could click the ... and select export SVG. However, now, when you click save, it takes you back to the camera, instead of the files screen. In playing around with it, I discovered that if you click the “x” in the lower right corner you will then get to the file screen and from there you can export.

Solved.   . Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristi.

Oh good. I was hoping you were just not be "finding it" in the new UI. Having the app launch in "camera mode" is a little confusing until you get used to it. A couple of things that might help:

* Whenever you're in camera mode and you don't want to be in it, just tap the X in the lower left corner and it will exit out to your Libraries view.

* It's possible to toggle "off" Capture launching in camera mode. Go to Settings (tap the Profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen), then Preferences, then toggle off Launch Camera Mode.

You'll get used to things pretty quickly I think now that you know how to access them, but those might help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!  Thanks again!

Kristi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines