• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There seems to be a cap on how many brushes you can import/use in your other apps?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a cap of 5 imports on the free trial or something? 

I would like to be able to use all the brushes I make.

TOPICS
Brushes , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Freddy. 

There is no limit to the number of Capture brushes that can be used in other apps (even with free accounts).

Please give me more information about which apps you're using, and what's happening when you try to use Capture's brushes in them, so I can help determine what's going wrong. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I make some brushes in Capture app, and go to Export As... And I can no longer export as ABR file. Seems I have reached my limit (5). 

I can take some photos if it's easier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Freddy: I suspect what is happening is you have created another kind of brush that cannot be exported as ABR.

For the pixel brushes, only the brushes listed under "Photoshop and Fresco Brushes" can be exported as ABR brushes, the brushes listed below "Sketch Brushes" cannot be exported. None of the vector brushes can be exported as ABR either. Try making another brush from the top category in Pixel Brushes and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue. 

IMG_4703 2.jpg

Hep Svadja, Product Manager of Adobe Capture, Adobe Color, & Creative Cloud Libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hep!

That's totally correct, thank you for your help!

Can you tell where what sketch brushes are used for? Where can I export them to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Freddy: 

If you are using brushes in Creative Cloud apps you should not have to export them at all. By clicking "save" they are automatically saved in your Creative Cloud Libraries which means they are accessible and usable from the Libraries panel in compatible apps. As an example, if I create a Photoshop brush in Capture, I can open the Libraries panel in Photoshop, double click the brush I made, and immediately start using it to paint. 

For the Sketch brushes, currently the only app they can be used in is the Adobe Photoshop Sketch app on mobile phones and tablets. In the future those brushes will likely be able to be used in other applications as well. Stay tuned 😉 

Hep Svadja, Product Manager of Adobe Capture, Adobe Color, & Creative Cloud Libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines