• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Change Base Color

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change which color is the base color within a color theme? Initially, the base color triangle icon is set to the middle color of the 5. I want to move the base color triangle within an existing color scheme so that a different one of the 5 colors can act as the base color.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Apparently, currently there is no work around this.

For setting/modifying base color, you have to use touch functionality, for touch display.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hover over a swatch, for eg:- pink color as depicted in below attachment, and you will observe a small triangle appear at bottom of  t

that swatch.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.25.09 PM.png

2. Hover over that swatch, and you will observe alternate text "Set as base color"

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.28.35 PM.png

3. Click on that small triangle, your base color will change to new swatch.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.30.34 PM.png

4. Which can be confirmed by white filled triangle.

If you still face any issues, then reply back with your feedback, along with images/attachments of what you are observing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is my problem. I hover over one of the other colors and do NOT see the triangle and the "set as base color" text. I have tried this on both Google Chrome as well as Firefox browsers. Any ideas that you might have would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Request you to share following details :

1. Version of Chrome and Firefox? Be ensure you are using updated one.

2. Which OS you are using?

3. Display configuration i.e. (either it is touch or non-touch, either of HD, ultra HD, 4K).

4. Whether you are on VPN or not ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome is up to date

Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox

57.0.4 (64-bit)

2. Windows

3. My laptop has touch capability but I do not use it in that mode

4. I am NOT using VPN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brenda,

Could you try by long pressing the swatch until you observe "Set as Base Color", using touch capability of your laptop display.

And again tapping on it to confirm/set the base color as new swatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when in touch screen mode, the long press option works.

However, I do not use my laptop in this mode. I always have it connected to a separate monitor and use a trackball for control. Is there no way to get this to work with my present setup/configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, currently there is no work around this.

For setting/modifying base color, you have to use touch functionality, for touch display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a pretty stupid workaround. Copy the name of the color swatch (the one with the hash) and paste it into the field of the base color. Press enter and voila. However, it makes the base color disappear, of course. So basically, if you type your color codes in manually, it works. As I said, pretty stupid but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou ...this was my problem too.  Only in touch screen mode would it work, not with my WACOM pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines