• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nudity and Semi nudity using AI and its imposed restrictions.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe and its collective users

I am writing to you not only as a devoted user of Adobe’s suite of creative tools but also as a professional photographer whose work has been recognized and displayed in museum settings. My specialization in classic nudes has allowed me to explore the human form in a manner that celebrates beauty, form, and artistic expression. However, I have encountered a significant challenge with the AI restrictions placed on editing images that contain nudity, even when such images are created within a professional, artistic context.

As an artist whose work often involves nuanced and sensitive subjects, I understand and respect the complexities of creating ethical AI tools that serve a wide user base. However, the current limitations significantly impact my creative process and professional workflow, particularly when it comes to editing backgrounds for nude or semi-nude images. These restrictions not only prolong my work but also inhibit my artistic expression, compelling me to seek alternative solutions that may not offer the same level of quality and integration as Adobe’s products.

I propose the consideration of the following points, which I believe could benefit both Adobe and its professional users:

Artistic Integrity and Professional Use: Recognition of the professional and artistic context in which tools are used can help differentiate between content that is genuinely creative and that which the restrictions aim to prevent.

Ethical Use Policy: An ethical use policy that accommodates professional artists and photographers, possibly through a verification process, ensuring that our work is not unduly censored while maintaining legal and ethical standards.

Custom Solutions for Professionals: The development of specialized software versions that allow more flexibility for editing sensitive content, with appropriate safeguards to prevent misuse.

Feedback and Advisory Panel: Establishing a panel of professionals from the art and photography community to provide ongoing feedback and insights on how Adobe’s tools can better serve creative professionals.

Transparent Guidelines: The creation of clear, transparent guidelines that navigate the legal and ethical landscape, especially regarding sensitive content, to ensure users can understand and comply with Adobe’s policies.

I am fully committed to engaging in a constructive dialogue and am willing to be part of a solution that respects both the creative needs of artists and the ethical considerations of digital content. I believe that by working together, we can find a balanced approach that supports artistic expression while adhering to shared values and responsibilities.

Thank you for considering my perspective on this matter. I am hopeful for an opportunity to discuss this further and explore how we can make Adobe’s tools even more inclusive and accommodating for professional artists and photographers.    Steven Williams 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 139 Replies 139
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! The guidelines are way too strict! I uploaded a picture of my face and shoulders in a tank top and it got flagged. A picture of me literally just sitting on the ground fully clothed looking at the camera got flagged. As for prompts, I feel like the word "Latina" is automatically being associated with adult content because prompts I use with it get flagged, then when I replace it with a different ethnicity (or none at all) the prompt is fine. I think the restrictiveness around nudity and adult content is ridiculous, sexist, (probably racist) and just plain unnecessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just fed up by working with generative fill. I've passed through "fist", "water explosion", "cartoon explosion", then through "pheromones", "gas", "psychodelic", also through "steam". Everytime SCOLDED by Adobe because I'm going against their moral standards, probably created by some scared people who are offended by fists; pheromones, pyschodelic, steam, gas. I posted about this once, and got lectured from a forum staff for saying it's not censorship. Well, maybe let's call it another way, plenty of inoffensive stuff you may imagine goes against Adobe's guidelines. Adobe should be honest when they make advertisment for Generative Fill, just don't lie to potential customers saying you will be able to CREATE ANYTHING. At least put some "little letters" saying you when you try to create something, you must stick to some undefined, illogical and very, VERY strict guidelines. I know that some will say "don't trust AI", do it the "old way". Well, I precisely bought Adobe creative cloud because I'm not a designer or visual artist, I'm just a pro musician working on a big personal project, a sci-fi visual novel with DAZ3d to make my images, and who naively believed photoshop would help me to speed the process to add effects, create backgrounds, and stuff like this, because of it's "advanced" AI generative fill. Such a big disappointment. Another thing Adobe should add in their advertisment is "ONLY SUITABLE for MARKETING, and ADVERTISEMENT IMAGES, DON'T TRY IT if you want to CREATE COMICS, VISUAL NOVELS, OR FREELY ARTISTIC STUFF". Sorry for my rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the wrong place for this. That's a public forum, not the link to Adobe support. Please click the link below to contact Adobe staff to help. Only they can configure the exclution list of the "Generative Fill" function.

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below.

You have to allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»just don't lie to potential customers saying you will be able to CREATE ANYTHING.«

Please post a link to the actual menadcious advertisment/s you are referring to. 

»got lectured from a forum staff for saying it's not censorship. «

Feature Requests (Idea) and Bug Reports are registered at Adobe, otherwise this is essentially a user Forum, though thankfully some Adobe employees do occasionally chime in.

So unless you are referring to someone specifically marked as an Adobe employee the term »staff« would be nonsensical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that when you think about it, you realize what a massive potential for destruction and damage this has in the wrong hands. It doesn't take much imagination. Just think about it for a second. As a responsible operator in this business, their guidelines are the strict minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just think about it, for the massive advances of AI where now they can even fully describe and identify where you are in a video. It could just analyze what you ask, analyze the resulting image and block things that are really harmful. Just THINK for a second that Adobe is a super powerful corporation that could get this FAR BETTER. There are TONS of image creators, from lesser companies with NO RESTRICTIONS and NOBODY HAS BEEN HARMED (except for some celebrities outraged from getting some deep fakes), just THINK it for a second. And finally, the onw that enrages me the most is ADOBE is LYING with "CREATE ANYTHING!" without warning potential customers that there are severe strict guidelines for its use. Why do you want to justify the dishonest ways of this big corporation? Unless you work for them, just THINK it for a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hectorblg  schrieb:

NOBODY HAS BEEN HARMED (except for some celebrities outraged from getting some deep fakes), 

So you think no harm is done when the public is being lied to using deep fakes? Just think again.

As for "Create anything". Well, you can do that. You can still take a digital brush in Photoshop and draw it. Nobody can keep you from doing it. Just practice and then do it. No big deal actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" And finally, the onw that enrages me the most is ADOBE is LYING with "CREATE ANYTHING!" without warning potential customers that there are severe strict guidelines for its use."

It's called hyperbole and there is room for it in advertising up to a point. Someone tried to sue Buffalo Wild Wings because buffalos don't have wings, nor do they serve buffalo meat. But they do sell hot dogs that don't contain dog meat and hamburgers that don't contain ham.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because buffalos don't have wings, nor do they serve buffalo meat.

By @daniellei4510

Haha! Buffalo is the name of the town in upstate New York that is famous for its chicken wings — which are named after the town where they were created.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteSomeone tried to sue Buffalo Wild Wings because buffalos don't have wings...
By @daniellei4510

============

Stupid people playing stupid games for really stupid prizes.  🤔

Untitled.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just THINK it for a second.

By @hectorblg

Well, someone apparently has to.

When I said "potential for damage", I didn't expect that I would need to spell it out. Have you heard about fake nude pictures circulating on the internet? No? There are schoolkids who have had their whole life wrecked by this. Do you think that nobody has been harmed? Kids can be cruel, and they don't think. So someone has to do it for them.

That's just one example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...so it is fine to harm other people that happen to be celebrities or happen to have their faces publically known?

Wow. Just wow.

And as others have stated here: real harm is done with genAI abused for sextortion and fooling people out of their hard-earned money. Lives are wrecked as I write this, and people have taken their own lives.

So spare me the hollow excuses. Adobe is proctecting itself and its users here.

If you want uncensored genAI imagery, install one of the many open source and free AI generators, and invest in a good graphics card. Have all the freedom you want by actually taking responsibility yourself rather than asking others for taking the hit for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that real harm is already being done right now with AI tools. In this very heated and dynamic election season, I have seen some really vile images and videos meant to portray the opposing candidate in compromising situations. Words are put into their mouths, facial expressions changed, clothes added or removed, and they are portrayed doing or saying things that never happened. Sometimes the technology is ham-handed and the effects laughable and obviously false. Sometimes they're actually good enough to fool a lot of people. And those totally falsified statements and situations become viral and start to effect the opinions of voters.  

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»just don't lie to potential customers saying you will be able to CREATE ANYTHING.«

@hectorblg , when and where did Adobe representatives make that »create anything«-claim with regard to Firefly and/or Generative Fill? 

I don’t follow all Adobe announcements and publicity releases so I may have missed it even if it was ever made. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a new advertisment popping every day at Facebook and X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hectorblg the terms are very well defined and you agreed to them when you click the initial screen when using any Firefly AI enabled feature:

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1723124134394.png

https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms/adobe-gen-ai-user-guidelines.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Moved to Adobe Firefly forum. This is not a Photoshop-specific topic. Firefly terms apply to all tools and "censoring".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pouraais y avoir une ia qui ddetecter le corp humain et la vrais nudité mais asser intelligente pour pouvoir y aajouter une simple riviere en bas de la photo qui est un simple boudoir respectueux a limite bloquer des mot pour les boudoire comme en rapport avec vetement ou nue ou peuix importe mais quand cest marquer riviere de pas bloquer ca serais quandd meme utile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael39071337soxw you could temporarily mask or cover the areas the AI is hung up on to add your river etc. then unmask/restore those layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a tutorial to hide the person as you just told me because I don't think I know how to do it 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a discussion on how to do this earlier in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the beta version of FireFly and I find it very interesting, but before tackling the purchase of the official version with a PhotoShop license there is one issue that should be clarified. As an illustrator, I need a tool that produces exactly what I want, without going into the merits. With the beta version I found myself faced with a serious problem. Not only does the AI not accept prompts like "naked woman on piano in black and white" which, in terms of art and photography, are absolutely valid, but also things like "chicken breast on the grill" that I had to generate to associate with a recipe of cooking, which is really ridiculous. Is there a possibility in the paid version to remove these absurd limits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found some restrictions absurd. I wanted to introduce dinosaurs in some photos, and if you enter their scientific names they are all restricted. Because?? and if you can get a dinosaur it's certainly an invention of AI. This is not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I'm using the full version now, but still I cannot generate a cowboy holding a smoking gun. "Smoking" and "gun" are screened. Colt 45, screened. Looking for other AI because Adobe Firefly is censor happy. I understand that Adobe doesn't want to be held liable for assisting in creating inflammatory imagery. However, my client needs something specific, and if Adobe cannot deliver, why pay such a high price? It's like buying a power drill that yells at you when you go to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its like buying a power drill and it wont turn on if you're building a bedroom because people get naked in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines