• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add icelandic to the "languages and writing systems" list

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to ask you to add Icelandic to the "languages and writing systems" list in the left-hand filter menu.

There are a couple of characters unique to our language, þ and ð, the æ character that is uncommon in other languages (afaik) and the accented characters áéíóúýö. Plus capitals and punctuation characters we share with German, I think.

Filtering for fonts that have them would save designers working with icelandic a lot of time. As it stands, I have to put all these characters into the test text box and manually search for that, wich isn't the greatest font picking experience. 

Looking forward from hearing from you!

Sv.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which apps you're using but on the web we use unicode or HTML entities for special characters.

For example: Æ æ þ Ƌ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These community forums are not for posting feature requests.

Feel free to submit requests where the Adobe product teams will actually see them. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy! I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Fonts is not on the UserVoice list. It also does not appear on the "wishform" link. 

Is there no place where devs of AF watch for feedback, or am I missing something?

Also, since the "missing feature" tag exists here, that may be misleading. It sounds very much like a synonym for "feature request".

Thanks again,

Sv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And since I have no place to post this at the moment, I'll add a reminder to myself here that I need to notify that icelandic character 'ð' drops out of the stored sample text on adobe fonts in safari. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sveinbjorn Palsson,

The team is working on to set up a UserVoice page to take care of your requests. In the meantime, I will make sure to pass on your feedback with the team for making improvements in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Here are screenshots that demonstrate the drop-outs I mentioned. It's pretty much every icelandic character (so I'm assuming it'll mess up other language sets too) and I think it drops out punctuation too?

Not that this isn't the original thing I posted, this is a different issue. Hope it's ok that I put it here, since you're on this thread.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 00.31.55.pngScreenshot 2022-01-05 at 00.32.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing your suggestion, Sveinbjorn Palsson. I have passed on your feedback with the team for making improvements in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, eth, thorn and ae are in the same part of Unicode as the other accented characters commonly used in Europe. So I'd expect to find them in any complete text font (but not, for example, a caps only display font).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most but not all, which is why I'm asking for the filter option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines