• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Font has disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using font MillerBanner but it has now disappeared from adobe site.

Please advise, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your font family was offered from either the Font Bureau or the Carter & Cone font foundaries, it is no longer available through Adobe Fonts because those two foundaries decided to pull all of their fonts from Adobe Fonts. You will need to contact the owning font foundary to license them directly, or you can search through Adobe fonts for a similar font.

Dov Isaacs posted an explanation here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/font-bureau-fonts-being-retired-awesome/td-p/11090652?cid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really upset that you have let me down, and that you have not even notified me of this change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I understand it, Adobe did notify users of the fonts from those foundaries that they were being "retired". Unfortunately, that's a term that's subject to misinterpretation.

In any case, it's not fair to blame Adobe for "letting you down". Removal of those fonts was a decision made by the owning foundary, not by Adobe.

[Also note, I am not an Adobe employee nor an employee of either font foundary, so don't blame me either. :-)]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines