Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Fonts constantly deactivates…

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I reinstalled whole computer but before that I regularly signed off my account and reinstalled system and Adobe Creative Cloud and its apps I needed to use. But when I opened InDesign or Illustrator, documents in which I had fonts used by Adobe Typekit were not synchronized. I partly resolved it with deactivating and then activating fonts in ACC preferences. It lasts for me sometimes few minutes, sometimes few hours but deactivates again. I tried to reinstall it also but with no result. Only way to activate them again is to switch Adobe Fonts toggle again off and on. Is there any permanent fix for that? Im using Mac OS Catalina

TOPICS
Activation, Missing font, Offline font, Product issue, Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020
Only solution working for me is when Adobe installs after clean installation of MacOS Catalina, it mostly doesn't work, so to prevent bugs from crappy Adobe you need to make new account under Mac OS and under this it will work as before.

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue and it's unbelievably annoying. Not to mention time consuming because a simple task takes 5 extra minutes to accomplish. Currently I do the same thing you do - and still looking for a fix.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been having this deactivated fonts issue since TypeKit it frustrates me. And now what's more annoying, when I access the desktop Adobe CC app, I have to click reactivate the fonts one by one. No option to reactivate all. I'm pissed off and wish there's another company who will stand up and beat Adobe. They have been leading the design app market for too long they feel too secure to fix stuff like these.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, font keep deactivate.. worse still they remove the font and i have to replace hundred pages of document. This is unnecessary add up time on me and my client project, and why the need to reactivate font everytime i open the document?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only solution working for me is when Adobe installs after clean installation of MacOS Catalina, it mostly doesn't work, so to prevent bugs from crappy Adobe you need to make new account under Mac OS and under this it will work as before.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain this more? I don't understand what you mean by making a new account under Mac OS...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. Please see this article: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac on how to create a new account under macOS.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add to this stream my own frustrations — fonts I use everyday are turned off by Adobe stating "It looks like you haven't used some of these fonts in a while." And there's no way to turn off this "feature," as far as I can tell. If anyone knows how, I'm all ears.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this issue.

The three dots menu in the upper right corner of the Creative Cloud window (next to 'Browse more fonts' button) has the option to "deactivate all fonts not in use". Have a look if there's something turned on there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I checked. There's an option to "deactivate all fonts" or "deactivate all fonts not in use," neither of which I want to do. I want fonts not to deactivate (especially not on deadlines, where minutes count to the printers :).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just adding my own thoughts here. Adobe CC is constantly deactivating fonts that I use often, saying "I haven't used them frequently" and even deactivating only some fonts in a certain font family. Most of the time, the fonts still say they are active in when I go to redownload them in the Typekit so it takes a lot of time messing with activating and deactivating fonts until I am finally able to reactivate all the fonts on the design end. These issues are causing me anywhere from minutes up to hours in delays. Especially when working offline or in areas with bad service, it can take hours for the fonts to show up in Illustrator, Indesign, or whatever program I am using. I don't know why Adobe decided to incorporate this feature as I we can go deactivate fonts ourselves if we don't want them in our Typekit anymore. There needs to be a way to disable this feature. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines