• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fonts list as Type 1 fonts in PDF preflight analysis

Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An InDesign file using Adobe-activated fonts and exported to PDF lists Type 1 fonts for Adobe Caslon Pro and Bebas Neue Pro, even though they are both Open Type fonts. This did not affect the document or produce any warnings. Still, why don't the font types list correctly in this preflight analysis? Shouldn't they?

PreflightPDF-AdobeType1Fonts.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jain Lemos,

Thank you for reaching out. I am checking with our team regarding your issue and will update you as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you for reporting the problem on our fonts community.

Regards,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super, much appreciated, Harshika. I'm happy to send source files privately to them, if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an error, or a problem. It's very common for fonts to be embedded in PDF as type 1, whatever different font type they started as. Support for reading PDF files with type 1 fonts is NOT going away. This does not seem to be well understood by Adobe support in every case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, @Test Screen Name As I mentioned, I didn't have any error messages. I understand your point. But having to explain this to a wide variety of users doesn't seem effective, considering that Type 1 is being phased out by Adobe. How hard could it be to synchronize these settings between Acrobat DC and InDesign? Lots of other Open and True Type fonts show up correctly. People will be confused, and we'll keep having to answer the same questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be better to make sure the message that gets out includes the key information "type 1 fonts in PDF are not going away". There are billions of such PDFs, they win the argument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I agree that would help, too. But it's still rather murky, and PDFs are used for more than reading. Do you think some printers will push back on files that indicate Type 1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines