• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fonts won't let me download fonts

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows, and whenever I go into Adobe Fonts to download a font, it continuously loads the fonts. It won't give me any option to add the font to my library, and whenever I try to add it using a font file, it gives me an error and says that this font is already on Adobe.

What can I do to fix this?

Best regards,
Cameron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching us. The Adobe Fonts can only be activated and cannot be downloaded on your system like your local fonts so that they won’t appear in your font management software or the system fonts folder. When you activate, a font is available for all applications on your system, but the font file is unavailable elsewhere. Have you tried starting the font through the Creative Cloud desktop a[plication or fonts.adobe.com?

Please let us know if this helps and if you need more details.

Thank you,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to look for a specific font (like Montserrat) on the Creative Cloud desktop, it directs me to the Adobe Fonts website. Then when I get onto the Adobe Fonts website, it won't let me activate any fonts (the button doesn't even appear). Even when I am on the fonts page, it is continuously loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to download a font or to activate a font? The difference is important, as the former is impossible (unless you contact the specific foundry that created or distribute the font and pay for said font) and the latter syncs the font to your system without any way for you to hold the file. If that makes sense.

If you have an issue with the latter, then could you please attach a screenshot? Maybe there is something that we can't think of now and will become obvious when we'll see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just trying to activate them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing a few options here:
See if you can access the "manage fonts" tab in your CC app

Imaginerie_1-1687965274635.png

Imaginerie_0-1687965263810.png

Once you're there, check what is installed, and what isn't

Imaginerie_2-1687965332566.png

if they're showing as activated but still have issue with them, try removing them

Imaginerie_3-1687965389789.png

and adding them again

(go to the "removed" option, and reactivate from there)

Imaginerie_4-1687965428759.png

and just in case, check if your syncing is up to date by clicking on the little cloud (top right of the window)

Imaginerie_5-1687965570973.png

if not, you'll see the blue circle moving and in that case, what you can do is click on the pause button, wait a few seconds and click on the play button instead.

If you think you got a syncing issue, the way to restore it, would be to reset the CC app,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/reset-the-creative-cloud-desktop-app-to-...
See if all of this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to install the fonts/font families that I already have added, but my biggest problem is not being able to use the Adobe Fonts website to add more fonts/font families to my library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would most likely be a sync problem in my scenario. Anything that is synced from Adobe (including Adobe fonts) goes through the CC app somehow. Check if you can either reset or simply pause and unpause the syncing and see if it helps.
If all fails, then maybe try contacting Adobe Directly so they can check if there is anything wrong with your account..
(for example you have a team account and some features have been deactivated by the administrator - team can be a school or a company)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Cameron239080357mpb,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. I'd say, in addition to @Imaginerie response, you can also try signing out and signing in again to check if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines