• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are removed fonts

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens if we have used those 'removed' fonts on previous projects? Then the 3rd party owner asks me in the future, wheres the licence for that font? maybe it was a company logo still be used.

I asked Adobe live chat, and they didnt know the answer. I was told to ask the comminuty, strange.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you've used the font in a design, to make a PDF with embedded font, or a raster image like a PNG, it still works as before. But if you want to edit the design (for example in InDesign, Photoshop or Premiere Pro) you just won't have that font. You'd have to find it and, if available that way, license it for download and use for you.

Third party clients don't really figure in this; they can use your generated work as before, and never had any need of the font license. You could never share the fonts with them, but if they had Creative Cloud they could collaborate with the same fonts. Now they would need to purchase their own copies.

From a personal perspective, for work with a long life and development process, I'm not sure I'd choose Adobe fonts, since we've seen they can disappear, and this may have design and cost implications for projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines