• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are the Noto fonts from Google OpenType?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Google's Noto font family OpenType and will they work in Adobe InCopy?

TOPICS
Font rendering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Regardless of whether you activate the Noto Sans fonts via the Adobe Fonts service or download and install them directly from Google, the Noto Sans font family are OpenType TrueType fonts (i.e., OpenType with TrueType quadratic outlines) from Monotype that should work without any issues in Adobe applications including InCopy (and more importantly InDesign) as well as Illustrator, Photoshop, FrameMaker, Acrobat, etc.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of whether you activate the Noto Sans fonts via the Adobe Fonts service or download and install them directly from Google, the Noto Sans font family are OpenType TrueType fonts (i.e., OpenType with TrueType quadratic outlines) from Monotype that should work without any issues in Adobe applications including InCopy (and more importantly InDesign) as well as Illustrator, Photoshop, FrameMaker, Acrobat, etc.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete NOTO fonts.  They are annoying and leaves long fonts before I can look for the right font.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just discovered your post from last year.

I admit, Noto's premise is to create a font for every language and dialect on the planet, including ancient and indigenous peoples' languages, so when the entire family is downloaded and installed, you end up with the unwieldly list of fonts shown in your screen captures. There are close to 200 language and symbol variations at this time.

How to remove them:

If you have a font manager installed, use it to locate, select, and either deactivate or fully delete the unneeded versions from your system.

If you acquired them through Adobe's font service, use the Creative Cloud manager app to remove them from your system.

If on a Mac, use Apple fontbook to view and delete the versions you don't need.

And if on Windows, go to C:/Windows/Fonts, select the fonts, and select Delete from the right-click menu.

Hope this helps.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines