• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buying a license for Avenir for a client who doesn't subscribe to Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm rebranding for a client and part of the job is to create some Word templates for them to create reports. I am using Avenir, and they will need to use it too. Is it possible to purchase a license for them without them having to subscribe to creative cloud!?

The Avenir available for download from Fontspring etc have suffix's, and so Word doesn't recognise them as the same font that I have used. 

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this subject!

J

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will need to switch out the font in Word to the purchased version before handing the files over to your client. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with acumin. Client is falling in love with that font and want to buy it (for web). But I don't know how much it is and how to buy. Do you know in between?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Avenir font family is not available as part of the Adobe Fonts service and thus, access to same is not a feature of subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud. Avenir is a bundled font with MacOS, but not on Windows and even then not bundled for web or application use.

Regrettably, there are numerous versions of Avenir available through multiple sources. You will probably need to check with multiple font vendors to find a version that has the exact names you are looking for.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines