• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Use Adobe Fonts Outside of Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Creative Cloud for the past 90 days on my Mac and recently activated the Kewl script font. Although it's available for my use within all the Creative Cloud apps, the Kewl font is not installed on my Mac for use in MS Office or other apps. I restarted my computer thinking that was a required step but to no avail. Can I Use Adobe Fonts Outside of Creative Cloud? If so, how do I install one of these fonts on my Mac? I can't find any information on this topic so that is why I have turned to the support community for assistance.

Thanks,

PaulJoe

TOPICS
Activation , Download install and licensing , How to , Missing font , Offline font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Hi,

You know that I have tried in Office and with at least 10 synchronized sources from Adobe CC, I have managed to work in Word, it will be a particular problem from that source, or maybe something that prevents synchronization.

I'm going to keep trying.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

You are NOT going to do this.

1. It was always forbidden to send fonts to a printing company, unless they already had a license for the fonts.

2. And it's now impossible, because people ignored the rules.

Unfortunately, printing companies continue to make illegal requests!!!

You can tell them - "I used only Adobe fonts" (if this is true - make sure they were Adobe fonts, not just ones you found on your computer) - and say "I understand these fonts are available to you using your own Creative Cloud s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You know that I have tried in Office and with at least 10 synchronized sources from Adobe CC, I have managed to work in Word, it will be a particular problem from that source, or maybe something that prevents synchronization.

I'm going to keep trying.

Regards,

WbolanosCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, and you are allowed to use the font in non Adobe software. If it is not visible in the application, it is either not activated or there is a different problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I used an Adobe font for a project and now the printing company wants me to send the fonts....How am I gonna do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are NOT going to do this.

1. It was always forbidden to send fonts to a printing company, unless they already had a license for the fonts.

2. And it's now impossible, because people ignored the rules.

Unfortunately, printing companies continue to make illegal requests!!!

You can tell them - "I used only Adobe fonts" (if this is true - make sure they were Adobe fonts, not just ones you found on your computer) - and say "I understand these fonts are available to you using your own Creative Cloud subscription.

If this is still a problem - look at the format you are sending to them. There may be a choice. In general PDF does not need anyone to send anyone any fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either you did send the wrong file format or you should change the printing company. It's probably the latter. A printing company should be able to work with print ready PDF files, fonts embedded. If a font can't be embedded, you should not use the font. All Adobe fonts can be embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either package the file and send it that way or outline the file. I always send outlined files to the printer. This way, they won't need the fonts you used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Package doesn't work, and serious printing companies do not need outlined files. I never had problems with printers for years, when they were not messing up my files (which some tried and failed with). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I used an Adobe font for a project and now the printing company wants me to send the fonts....How am I gonna do this?

By @baldeanmihai

You can't. Adobe fonts dont get included anywhere. If the printing company has Adobe Creative Cloud, they have access to the font. So they don't need you. 

But if you send the printing company a PDF X/4 with all fonts embedded, they do not need your font, except, if the rework your file, which they should not do. I had that with several Chinese and Taiwanese printers. The messed up my files and so I asked at the end our subsidiaries to find a new printing company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines